How often do you eat bread?

Bread is a really western staple and I can't get my family to eat it unless it has pizza toppings. LOL. When I used to live alone I ate a lot of bread just because rice takes a long time to prepare and cook and I just need my daily carbohydrate intake. I love toasted french bread with garlic oil or french toast with strawberry jam and cream. :)

We had no bread in the house for almost a week. That's amazing. That almost never happens and while I was tempted to try to make some I just kept putting it off. Almost an entire week and I was fine. You can actually live without bread.

I eat bread everyday. I know it's not good for my diet but it's cheap and easy to dress up into a breakfast, lunch or dinner meal. I used to make the majority of the bread I consumed now I've gotten lazy as good quality bakery breads are readily available in the market that I shop at. I admit that I have tried to eliminate it from my diet often and failed.

I eat bread every day. I try to stick to "healthier" breads like multigrain or breads made with sprouted grains. A nutritionist friend told me that sprouted grains are the healthiest. I also like the texture of sprouted grain toast, so that is a common breakfast for me.

I eat bread everyday. I was told rye bread is the most filling, and I really like it so I am eating a lot of that. I eat more bread than I should, and I will be cutting that back. It is a carb but it can be a healthy carb if it is eaten right and not in huge hunks. Cheap white breads are the worst, although not necessarily the most caloric. I would hazard a guess that most American's probably eat twice the amount of bread they really need.

I used to eat bread every day for almost every meal. Toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and whatever I had for supper I had to have some sort of bread as the side. It's so good but not exactly good for the waistline when you eat too much of it. I have slowed down quite a bit thank goodness but I still do eat bread, especially when it's fresh, homemade bread. I'm also smart enough to have never learned to make bread, otherwise I would be in trouble.

I eat bread 3-4 days a week. Though I don't like bread much but it's easier to make sandwiches for breakfast than to cook traditional Indian breakfasts which take up some time.

I eat bread daily: usually brown rice bread or a homemade wheat and oat English muffin with lunch or sometimes sprouted grain bread from the bakery works its way in. Bread is impossibly convenient. I don't know what I'd use in place of it if I ever had to nix it for some reason.

I love bread in any way, shape or flavour (except banana). I could eat it 'til the cows come home. I make all my own bread these days - haven't bought it for years, and a lot cheaper than buying artisan bread from the local bakers. I'm not quite so keen on wholemeal bread though - it can be a bit stodgy. I usually make half and half. I make all my own pizzas too and can usually manage to eat a 12" one, although then I'll lay off bread next day. I often use it instead of rice or potatoes - much better to mop up gravy, bacon fat, baked bean juice, curry..... the list goes on. And don't get me started on sandwiches. I can fit a whole meal in between a couple of slices of bread. Knobbies, if there are any, are used to make breadcrumbs or go into the freezer to save up for bread pudding. Never any waste from nice, homemade bread.

Back
Top Bottom