If you wrote a cookbook, what would be the title?

caseydog

Great videos.

My family bugs me about writing a cook book. I have given it some thought. Not for publication. Just for my family. In addition to my recipes I would like to update old family favorites - mostly casseroles and large batch dishes that we had for holiday meals and family gatherings. I would like to bring them up to date by using fresh and fresh frozen ingredients instead of canned.

To My Family With Love

There are some regional cookbooks with amusing names.

Who's Your Mamma, Are You Catholic, and Can You Make A Roux?
by Marcelle Bienvenu

Hooks, Lies & Alibis
by Chef John Folse

caseydog

Great videos.

My family bugs me about writing a cook book. I have given it some thought. Not for publication. Just for my family. In addition to my recipes I would like to update old family favorites - mostly casseroles and large batch dishes that we had for holiday meals and family gatherings. I would like to bring them up to date by using fresh and fresh frozen ingredients instead of canned.

To My Family With Love

There are some regional cookbooks with amusing names.

Who's Your Mamma, Are You Catholic, and Can You Make A Roux?
by Marcelle Bienvenu

Hooks, Lies & Alibis
by Chef John Folse

I don't have a book but a folder ring bind type with plastic folders that hold A4 sheets with my recipes in as I perfect them. A book would entail a story about my recipes. My daughter has a copy also, as it was her that instigated it all off with, " what's going to happen with your recipes if you drop dead dad"
As most of my stuff is in my head , I wrote them down over a year. I'm still adding as I go. I believe you could do the story part I can't do. Go for it!

Russ

Russ

Just thinking outside the box. An Action-Adventure cookbook. Probably lots of red meat -- would have to substitute beef, lamb and pork for, well... but very fresh. I could see some good recipes for organ meats that we don't eat enough of.

JohnWiskCookbook.jpg

Russ
I am thinking about a spiral bound cook book. As a Christmas gift for my family. IDK about pictures. That may require more energy than I have. I know my family would be thrilled to receive a cook book of revised family recipes and my recipes.

Local print shops will copy and bind for a reasonable price. I would pay as much for binders and plastic sleeves.

Russ
I am thinking about a spiral bound cook book. As a Christmas gift for my family. IDK about pictures. That may require more energy than I have. I know my family would be thrilled to receive a cook book of revised family recipes and my recipes.

Local print shops will copy and bind for a reasonable price. I would pay as much for binders and plastic sleeves.

Never thought, there are hundreds Italian food books, some good some not so. And who would take a book from a 60 years old Napulitano mama and housewife? I do not write recipes just Ideas, all I cook is in my memories and passed down I also think I am not all great at all, I just do the best for my family.
If I did I would maybe call it 'with love'.
What if take recipes from members and put those in a book, there are many great cooks on this site.

Sarana x

Mine would have to be something like "Odds and Sods and Fusion Food". As I only have to cook for one, it can be a bit daunting trying to use up even a small veg box sometimes. At the moment I tend to make a lot of stews, curries, and soups which are a great way of using up small quantities of everything, and just alternate the accompaniments - some meals have pasta, some rice, and some bread.

Dutch food CAN be good 😄
We went to The Netherlands in...1993?...1994? It was just for a long weekend.

I have to say, it's the only holiday break where I can't remember a single meal but one, and that one was breakfast at the hotel, because we were on a cheap break, so we were supposed to eat in the cheap breakfast room (just cereals and yogurt), but we mistakenly went to expensive breakfast room and were in the middle of loading up on cold cuts, cheeses, eggs, fruit, etc, wondering the whole time why we didn't recognize any of the people we were eating with, until we got found out and were made to go back to the cheap room. :laugh:

Can't remember any other meal, though, and I'm usually good at that.

BTW, "The Netherlands" is the best country name in the world. It sounds so nefarious!

We went to The Netherlands in...1993?...1994? It was just for a long weekend.

I have to say, it's the only holiday break where I can't remember a single meal but one, and that one was breakfast at the hotel, because we were on a cheap break, so we were supposed to eat in the cheap breakfast room (just cereals and yogurt), but we mistakenly went to expensive breakfast room and were in the middle of loading up on cold cuts, cheeses, eggs, fruit, etc, wondering the whole time why we didn't recognize any of the people we were eating with, until we got found out and were made to go back to the cheap room. :laugh:

Can't remember any other meal, though, and I'm usually good at that.

BTW, "The Netherlands" is the best country name in the world. It sounds so nefarious!

It's changed a lot since then, but we've only started accounting for something from about 1995 on when we got our first national Michelin star. Food culture here has changed a lot due to international trading and influence.

But I will say you have to know a little about Dutch food before you visit us, without research it will probably indeed not be memorable. I recommend anyone visiting to try our Indonesian restaurants, they are really good and an established part of our culture like Indian cuisine is in England.

As for traditional Dutch food, make sure you know what to look for. Every region has their own special food, and those are often beautiful dishes. And we do have some of the best cheese in the world.

Back
Top Bottom