If you wrote a cookbook, what would be the title?

At the request of my daughter I have written all my good recipes and copied them into two folders. My daughter has one and the other is in the office in my home. I have written all the family faves down so they will live on when I go.
If I had to name it, it would be ........ Rascals recipes!

Russ

That is really sweet. I have begged my mother for her recipes and she refuses to share them with me. None of my three siblings like to cook and/or bake so she would know they are for me if they asked on my behalf. Let's just say I'm not her favorite. ;-0 She just would prefer to pass and not allow me to enjoy making them for my own family. It's heartbreaking as she is an amazing cook.

I'm glad you are thoughtful enough to want to share the love forward for your family/descendants!

I have made a start - typing up my recipes to share with my family. I have not decided on a name. I looked into the cost of having it printed or even having it bound. YIKES!! It will be a binder with plastic sleeves. I have the craft supplies to personalize the covers and make them pretty. I mentioned my project to my Sisters and they like the idea of a binder. They can add there own recipes and I can give them new recipes to add to their collection.
Part of my mission is to update old family recipes using fresh and fresh frozen ingredients instead of canned. Most of the old family recipes are vegetable casseroles served at family gatherings.
I have to laugh at myself - there are a lot of recipes for "Party Food".
I am enjoying my project and I know my family will be very happy with their gifts this Christmas.

This would be from my mom (and her mom):

MOTHER TASTY'S FAMILY FAVORITES

Chapter 1 - Meats

1. Put cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add a good amount of bacon grease.

2. Fry meat until black on each side, and center is good and dry. Add salt and pepper.

Chapter 2 - Vegetables

1. Boil water

2. Add vegetables

3. Boil until vegetables can barely maintain their shape. Drain and place in a bowl and add a big spoonful of bacon grease. Add salt and pepper. You want the vegetables to be just about mush.

TastyReuben that made me laugh. My mom hates cooking. Because we were 5 people in the house she'd make big pots of food that were supposed to last the entire week. I hated it.

My dad only knew two dishes, in his own words: burgers with rice or burgers with spagetti. That was before he and my mom divorced. After that he had a go at ruining several simple recipes.

This would be from my mom (and her mom):

MOTHER TASTY'S FAMILY FAVORITES

Chapter 1 - Meats

1. Put cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add a good amount of bacon grease.

2. Fry meat until black on each side, and center is good and dry. Add salt and pepper.

Chapter 2 - Vegetables

1. Boil water

2. Add vegetables

3. Boil until vegetables can barely maintain their shape. Drain and place in a bowl and add a big spoonful of bacon grease. Add salt and pepper. You want the vegetables to be just about mush.
At my house, Chapter 2, #1 was: Open can, pour contents into pan

That is really sweet. I have begged my mother for her recipes and she refuses to share them with me. None of my three siblings like to cook and/or bake so she would know they are for me if they asked on my behalf. Let's just say I'm not her favorite. ;-0 She just would prefer to pass and not allow me to enjoy making them for my own family. It's heartbreaking as she is an amazing cook.

I'm glad you are thoughtful enough to want to share the love forward for your family/descendants!

It took me 5 years to actually decide to do it, and another 12 months to actually do it. My son couldn't care less but daughter appreciated it. My wife's choice this Sunday so she said she will have a look at my folder to decide what she wants?

Russ

TastyReuben , LissaC and JASOH1 you all nailed it. The old, family vegetable casserole recipes include canned veggies, canned condensed soup, margarine and Velveeta Processed Cheese Product. My mission is to bring those recipes into the 21st century with fresh or fresh frozen veggies, real butter and sauces made with real cheese.
I have already converted my family from the old school, cloyingly sweet, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top to a savory sweet potato casserole with a roasted pistachio crumble topping. I think my Mother's feelings were a little hurt. :ohmy: She still thinks of her children as children. Three of us are in our 60's, the other three are in their 50's. Our taste have matured. We may not have matured as much as our taste. We are still a rowdy bunch when we get together.

TastyReuben , LissaC and JASOH1 you all nailed it. The old, family vegetable casserole recipes include canned veggies, canned condensed soup, margarine and Velveeta Processed Cheese Product. My mission is to bring those recipes into the 21st century with fresh or fresh frozen veggies, real butter and sauces made with real cheese.
I have already converted my family from the old school, cloyingly sweet, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top to a savory sweet potato casserole with a roasted pistachio crumble topping. I think my Mother's feelings were a little hurt. :ohmy: She still thinks of her children as children. Three of us are in our 60's, the other three are in their 50's. Our taste have matured. We may not have matured as much as our taste. We are still a rowdy bunch when we get together.

My wife is second youngest of 9. She gets on with her other sister, her brothers not so much.

Russ

I am blessed with a family that gets along. It makes me sad to hear of siblings who do not speak to each other, children who never visit their parents. Beyond my understanding. Mother is the Queen of the family - we all adore her. My SIBS are my best friends. An outsider may think we argue. We just mess with each other. Teasing is our way of saying I Love You. Sarcasm is big. My Nieces, their spouses all jump in. Their children love being the center of attention and have inherited a tendency to tease.
I am thinking about naming my cook book "From My Kitchen to Your Table". Comments? Suggestions? I could use some help.

I am blessed with a family that gets along. It makes me sad to hear of siblings who do not speak to each other, children who never visit their parents. Beyond my understanding. Mother is the Queen of the family - we all adore her. My SIBS are my best friends. An outsider may think we argue. We just mess with each other. Teasing is our way of saying I Love You. Sarcasm is big. My Nieces, their spouses all jump in. Their children love being the center of attention and have inherited a tendency to tease.
I am thinking about naming my cook book "From My Kitchen to Your Table". Comments? Suggestions? I could use some help.

My wife and her sister were executors of their mums estate. Her brothers did nothing but pester both of the sisters for getting their payout from the estate. Phone calls every second night,I couldn't believe it. They got paid out and never heardof again. I don't even acknowledge them if I see them.

Russ

I'm sorry mate, you can choose your friends but not your family. When Mum died (Dad left everything to Mum) her will just said the three of us were do divide her estate equally. Then use your third to help the minor relatives if you wished. The only slight point of contention was their jewelry. My lawyer got a member of his staff to box it in identical boxes. We each picked in turn till we had distributed the lot. We then opened them in his conference room to the Vienna Boys Choir Silent Night my Mums favorite carol.
I had not experienced anything like you did till yesterday. Marina received the probate notification for Tommo estate. Tommo owned a lot of land. In the Balkans relatives have murdered each other disputing these things.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-62zBnKkQ&ab_channel=ipohteh

A thousand and one ways with a tin of Spam Chapter one recipes.
Spam in bocca
Spamonara
Spamchetta
Spamboloni
Spamio e pepe
Spamma cotta
Spamonata
Spamdo verde
Spamalhau
Spamanas
Spamco preto
Spamovin