If you wrote a cookbook, what would be the title?

Wow, it's actually pretty good.

This is how i feel ever time I eat my food because i know i did NOT follow the recipe at all. Tasting is everything. Taste everything.

I've been planning to write one called Peasant Cooking for years.
I'd look forward to that. The hardest part about cooking peasants is getting one with enough fat on one. They work out in the fields so much, it makes them too lean. :laugh:

Seriously, rustic cooking is some of my favorite cooking.

Well to expound, I come from the Southwest. I was the child of hillbillies and also was taught by my Hispanic friends grandmothers in the kitchen. I would wander in and say "why are you whirring that red stuff?" More often than not they didn't understand me but they would smile and nod and let me hang out. So I tend to meld the two styles of cooking. I know a hundred different ways to cook pintos and I am not afraid to update recipes, or to take modern ones and give them a down home push.

Well to expound, I come from the Southwest. I was the child of hillbillies and also was taught by my Hispanic friends grandmothers in the kitchen. I would wander in and say "why are you whirring that red stuff?" More often than not they didn't understand me but they would smile and nod and let me hang out. So I tend to meld the two styles of cooking. I know a hundred different ways to cook pintos and I am not afraid to update recipes, or to take modern ones and give them a down home push.

Welcome to Cookingbites Milkduds! Your background certainly sounds fascinating. I was going to move this post to the new member introduction section but then I realised you are expanding on your post above. If you would like to post a brief intro just hop over to New to CookingBites? and tell us a bit more about the food you like to cook.

Back
Top Bottom