I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two scoops of icecream I had today was 12 points.. really, the price is in everything that is NOT zero.

Yeah, I see that. I think this diet works for a lot of people because they over eat calorific foods and it restricts that. I'm not really prone to over eating those sorts of foods. In fact, there was a time I gave up alcohol and I found it easy to lose weight because I found eating around 1000 calories a day was easy and more than I usually ate!

A 750ml bottle of red wine is 22 points. MrsT gets 23 points in a day, so that’s that. She’d then have to survive on zero point foods, which do have some good choices, but probably isn’t nutritionally complete over the long haul.

So I could have a bottle of wine, eat loads of potatoes and eggs and whatever else was zero. Bingo! Well, except that I usually drink two bottles of wine... :ohmy:

So I could have a bottle of wine, eat loads of potatoes and eggs and whatever else was zero. Bingo! Well, except that I usually drink two bottles of wine... :ohmy:
Yeah, you can earn points to get that second bottle of wine, but you’d have to have some combination of 22 cups of fruit and non-starchy veg, or 22 bottles of water, or a few hours of walking, in order to compensate. See how it works? Very bad thing, you’ve got to counter it with a whole lotta good things.

Rubbish where I'm concerned! I never get bored of potatoes or eggs and no I don't need the eggs fried. Poached, boiled, hard boiled, coddled or scrambled eggs, I could eat at every meal. Same with potatoes: boiled, baked, mashed.

Are you saying you really could eat plain baked potatoes every meal, day after day, week after week, and not get bored with them? Wow, that's pretty amazing.

CD

And points vary depending on age, activity, weight and height. I am 5.7 and pretty heavy, so I'll get less points while I lose weight because smaller bodies need less energy. I won't keep having 30 points.

I dont get why women who are a wee bit overweight worry so much. I see theres a program on sky tv set in murica. These women are seriously obese. Like 500 lbs. And more.

Russ

Are you saying you really could eat plain baked potatoes every meal, day after day, week after week, and not get bored with them? Wow, that's pretty amazing.

CD
I could easily live off them as well. They do have flavour especially when freshly dug. But I could also live off bread, rice or mushrooms every single day as well.

And when trying to cycle around the world we literally did eat the same thing every single day for 12-13 months. Breakfast was always the same each day (porridge with fruit followed by bread & jam), lunch was always the same (bread with a savoury filling followed by bread with a sweet filling and usually a packet of Pringles between us) and evening meal was usually "standard meal no 1" (lots of pasta, tinned tomatoes, onion, peppers, beans or peas, apricots, cashew or peanuts, followed by bread & jam)...

CD

No. Its just that if potatoes and eggs (for example) are zero points I could eat them once or twice a day in different forms (baked, boiled, mashed potatoes and boiled, poached, scrambled eggs) and still have all my points left to eat other stuff as well and that would include adding stuff to the potatoes and eggs so that they weren't plain. I can't see how I'd lose weight that way, that's all.

No. Its just that if potatoes and eggs (for example) are zero points I could eat them once or twice a day in different forms (baked, boiled, mashed potatoes and boiled, poached, scrambled eggs) and still have all my points left to eat other stuff as well and that would include adding stuff to the potatoes and eggs so that they weren't plain. I can't see how I'd lose weight that way, that's all.
Well.. I've explained how. What do you still not understand?

The toppings cost a LOT of points. And eating only baked potatoes with eggs or yoghurt isn't substainable as a diet, and you have to eat loads of that to maintain normal calories if you don't drink a bottle of wine on top of it ( if so, no points for toppings).

I don't understand what you don't understand :okay:

There are zero point foods so you don’t under eat because everything else adds up quickly. My points and zero items combined convert to about half the calories I normally eat, as calculated on my fitness pal. So yeah I should lose weight with that..

Calories or points or whatever will generally not work because people in a semi starved state will fix that problem by eventually eating and gaining the weight back. A major problem with theses solutions is the loss of lean mass and the reduction in metabolism where less calories are then needed for that lowered metabolsim, which promotes skinny fat, it's a viscous cycle. It's appears the energy value that is a calories seems to be prominent in the business of weight loss as opposed to paying more attention to our hormones and what we eat. Cheers

Calories or points or whatever will generally not work because people in a semi starved state will fix that problem by eventually eating and gaining the weight back. A major problem with theses solutions is the loss of lean mass and the reduction in metabolism where less calories are then needed for that lowered metabolsim, which promotes skinny fat, it's a viscous cycle. It's appears the energy value that is a calories seems to be prominent in the business of weight loss as opposed to paying more attention to our hormones and what we eat. Cheers
Well, I've tried every single diet under the sun. Yet calorie counting is the only thing that has remotely worked for me in the past. Keto etc does all not work for me. I've been paying plenty of attention to what I eat, an eating disorder causes that. Didn't do anything though. At some point weight loss is just hard, no matter what you do. Statistics show 95% of people regain their weight after initial weight loss. If it all were easy, nobody would be fat in this fat hating world. I know I wouldn't be..

Well, I've tried every single diet under the sun. Yet calorie counting is the only thing that has remotely worked for me in the past. Keto etc does all not work for me. I've been paying plenty of attention to what I eat, an eating disorder causes that. Didn't do anything though. At some point weight loss is just hard, no matter what you do. Statistics show 95% of people regain their weight after initial weight loss. If it all were easy, nobody would be fat in this fat hating world. I know I wouldn't be..
But calorie counting didn't work for you and now your doing it again while saying it was the best solution for you.

We both need to get fitter and healthier so salad lunches, cut out as many carbs as possible and no alcohol.
Yes I know we have tried this before but life has thrown bad stuff at us so we have lapsed, our holiday has helped us relax and feel better so hopefully onwards and upwards.

Overeating is not the cause of obesity. Obesity as a disorder of the energy balance principle without considering the biological mechanisms underlying weight gain (hormones) is a red herring. Basically that imbalance causes overeating and weight gain which is driving obesity and metabolic disorders that are associated with many of the diseases from the subsequent inflammation that occurs from that hormonal imbalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom