I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windigo is zero for dairy (I assume butter is counted as dairy) so I included it. But does zero mean literally zero however much of that item you eat? If chicken is zero, can you eat a whole (poached) chicken in one day?
Yeah zero for low fat dairy, zero for potatoes, zero for wholegrain pasta, zero for chicken or turkey white meat, zero for oatmeal , zero for boiled eggs. In normal portions. Not endless amounts. You need to weigh and measure. The idea is to revamp your diet to basic healthy with little extra. Nobody was saying endless cream, butter or stuff like that. I thought that would be obvious for a weight loss diet. I can eat butter, just need to count it. I don't have to count low fat greek yoghurt.

And if you eat a whole chicken in a day,good luck having hunger for anything else. The idea is that this way, you eat little unhealthy extra's.

it’s important to note that zero-point foods can differ from person to person. That’s how they tailor a plan to each person. My wife looooves potatoes, so she had potatoes added to her zero-points list, but that means she’s going to have to compensate for that elsewhere.

Yeah - I see that. But my curiosity about this is that it seems that one could eat tons of the zero items per day and not be expected to gain weight. So your wife could eat 5 baked potatoes every day plus whatever other food points per day she is allowed?

The idea is that this way, you eat little unhealthy extra's.

Well, maybe that works for some people. I don't really eat unhealthy extra food though. My problem is alcohol. So I somehow don't think WW would work for me. :laugh:

Morning Glory - see if you can pull this up:

Learn about ZeroPoint foods and the WW PersonalPoints Program | WW USA

It won’t explain the nitty-gritty, but it gives a little overview. Also, on another site (I was just looking), someone asked the same question about how much of a zero point food they can eat (“Can I really eat an unlimited amount?”) and the cheeky answer applied a little common sense:

“Yes, you can eat 13 bananas, but do you really want to?”

:laugh:

Yeah - I see that. But my curiosity about this is that it seems that one could eat tons of the zero items per day and not be expected to gain weight. So your wife could eat 5 baked potatoes every day plus whatever other food points per
She could if she ignores ww 's clear guidelines on portions and general common sense..

Sorry - I just saw this. So you can't just eat as much whole grain pasta as you want per day, for example. You can only have one measured portion?
Well yes. The idea is to use zero points as the foundation of your meals and count other things ( like butter) as extra's so you actieve balance and healthy habits. It's basically government food guidelines repackaged and adjusted to your needs.

This is from that link:

“ZeroPoint foods also add bulk and flavor to meals, not Points® to your Budget, so you don’t have to weigh, track, or measure them—no matter how many you eat in a day.”

You don’t have to be mindful about weighing or measuring them, but I do think there’s an understanding that you’re not going to overeat zero point foods - you’ll get full and bored before that happens.

This is from that link:

“ZeroPoint foods also add bulk and flavor to meals, not Points® to your Budget, so you don’t have to weigh, track, or measure them—no matter how many you eat in a day.”

You don’t have to be mindful about weighing or measuring them, but I do think there’s an understanding that you’re not going to overeat zero point foods - you’ll get full and bored before that happens.
There's plenty more explaining what a portion size is. I for one am not a bottomless pit,and 5 baked potatoes a day are still less calories than one big Mac menu with a box of donuts on the way which I can easily eat ( if I want to) . But 5 baked potatoes would be challenging , and that's the idea. You can't easily overeat zero point foods. It's not like the potatoes or oatmeal come with free fillings to make them more appetising either. Cheese is a lot of points, as is butter..

Here is what they say about portions for zero foods:

If you’re concerned about overeating ZeroPoint foods because they’re, well, zero, here’s some guidance: Eat them in your usual portion sizes. If eggs are one of your ZeroPoint foods and you normally eat two at breakfast, stick to that. If you’re still hungry later, have another one—you’ll soon figure out the right portion for you. Remember to use ZeroPoint foods as a base to build a healthy meal; as a flavor booster in salads, omelets, sandwiches, and more; or as a simple snack that will help you stay full and satisfied.

I could take this apart sentence by sentence... but I won't.

Here is what they say about portions for zero foods:

I could take this apart sentence by sentence... but I won't.
Why would you want to? I lost quite some weight since starting with it last year and sticking by the basics even when I was off it. So maybe different approaches work for different people?

Rubbish where I'm concerned! I never get bored of potatoes or eggs and no I don't need the eggs fried. Poached, boiled, hard boiled, coddled or scrambled eggs, I could eat at every meal. Same with potatoes: boiled, baked, mashed.

Rubbish where I'm concerned! I never get bored of potatoes or eggs and no I don't need the eggs fried. Poached, boiled, hard boiled, coddled or scrambled eggs, I could eat at every meal. Same with potatoes: boiled, baked, mashed.
Yeah then it probably won't work for you. But it does work for me 😘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom