I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish where I'm concerned! I never get bored of potatoes or eggs and no I don't need the eggs fried. Poached, boiled, hard boiled, coddled or scrambled eggs, I could eat at every meal. Same with potatoes: boiled, baked, mashed.
Right, but you’re not going to eat a dozen in a single sitting, right?

Maybe we have a different definition of what “overeat” means?

Maybe we have a different definition of what “overeat” means?
And I have the idea that my use of the word dairy made MG think everything was possible. But only low fat dairy and cottage cheese counts for that. No butter or cream or regular cheese. Unless I use points.

Oh, and the booze…I just made us our usual Friday afternoon cocktails, bourbon and diet cola, with 1-1/2oz bourbon…4 points.
Guess it helps I drink no alcohol, that makes room for my butter on toast in the morning ( also 4 points).

No, of course not! My point was that it seems that in addition to the points allowed for other food I could also eat potatoes and eggs as part of each meal. I'm not sure that even if I cut out alcohol, I'd lose weight that way.

No, of course not! My point was that it seems that in addition to the points allowed for other food I could also eat potatoes and eggs as part of each meal. I'm not sure that even if I cut out alcohol, I'd lose weight that way.
Well everyone is different. I used to do WW purple and that meant ALL carbs ( wholegrain) were free.. so this is in some ways a reduction. Yet I still lost 10 kg ( 26 lbs).

That's why I won't - but I know this wouldn't work for me. I'd simply gorge on zero foods :laugh:
In a sense, that’s what they want you to do, fill up on the zero point stuff, and then you won’t eat much of the other stuff. Again, though, they’re counting on fullness and common sense to kick in a some point, so you’re not sitting there polishing off five pounds of potatoes a day.

Believe me, MrsT has eaten more raw veg with just a little salt in the last two weeks than she has in the previous six months combined.

You just summed up WW in a concise way. Eat a lot of the good stuff, a little of the bad stuff, and you’ll likely lose weight.

You would eat only that for months, three meals a day?!

Not me, no.. Variety is my Spice in life

No - it was an example really of how these zero point foods could be used. As I understand it you can save up points to an extent. So if I ate like that one day I could eat other stuff the next day and still have some potatoes and eggs as well if I wanted them. Hard boiled eggs make great snack food. And potatoes and eggs wouldn't be my only zero food.

You just summed up WW in a concise way. Eat a lot of the good stuff, a little of the bad stuff, and you’ll likely lose weight.

I was saying that even if I cut out or had little of, the bad stuff (alcohol in my case) I could still fail to lose weight on a WW diet if potatoes and eggs (for example) were zero points.

Tell me, TastyReuben, how many points are in a bottle of wine? Or does that vary according to the algorithm?

No - it was an example really of how these zero point foods could be used. As I understand it you can save up points to an extent. So if I ate like that one day I could eat other stuff the next day and still have some potatoes and eggs as well if I wanted them. Hard boiled eggs make great snack food. And potatoes and eggs wouldn't be my only zero food.

I was saying that even if I cut out or had little of, the bad stuff (alcohol in my case) I could still fail to lose weight on a WW diet if potatoes and eggs (for example) were zero points.

Tell me, TastyReuben, how many points are in a bottle of wine? Or does that vary according to the algorithm?
A bottle of wine would be loads of points. A pat of butter for my two slices of toast is 7, and I have 30 points a day. 4 points for 1 slice with butter. 7 for two due to the amount used for two ( weighed) is slightly less than one.

Two scoops of icecream I had today was 12 points.. really, the price is in everything that is NOT zero.

Weighing, measuring, and being honest with yourself makes this diet.

Last edited:
Guess it helps I drink no alcohol, that makes room for my butter on toast in the morning ( also 4 points).
You just have to drink more water, or go for a walk, or eat some non-starchy veg to earn a few points back! :wink:

So if I ate like that one day I could eat other stuff the next day and still have some potatoes and eggs as well if I wanted them.
Wait a minute…I getting the idea that you’re just trying to game the system! :laugh:

You can carry points over, day to day, but you lose those each week. There are some people who do save them so they can binge and have an entire pizza the day before the points expire, but the recommendation is that you use those piecemeal during the week for a little treat here and a little treat there. MrsT uses hers for a little snack cake one day and a little half-beer another.

Tell me, @TastyReuben, how many points are in a bottle of wine? Or does that vary according to the algorithm?
A 750ml bottle of red wine is 22 points. MrsT gets 23 points in a day, so that’s that. She’d then have to survive on zero point foods, which do have some good choices, but probably isn’t nutritionally complete over the long haul.

She can save those, though, and have that bottle the day before they expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom