I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is MGs partner. She's walking to keep track of him. Cycling won't work in that instance and I get the feeling that he probably isn't safe to be cycling unless it is on dedicated cycle paths away from traffic which always have the problem of getting there in the first place.
Ahh. Sorry.

Ahh. Sorry.
No problem. Ordinarily I'd agree, though I don't know if I'll be able to get back to cycling regularly either. Our 7 bikes haven't been used in years now. Standard bike seats aren't great after hip replacements... and though I have a recumbent trike, there is no way in hell I'd ride it on the gravel roads i live on. They are too busy with too many large lorries that leave me feeling very unsafe on any bike. And transporting recumbent trikes isn't easy. I need to really reconsider it but right now cycling is out. Hubby can't for the next few months and I'm not up to it with everything else I have to get done at the moment.

Ahh. Sorry.

That's OK - its simply that he has dementia and can no longer go walking alone because he gets lost. I don't hink he would be safe riding a bike. The worst thing is he is going stir crazy not able to go out. My kids have taken him out once or twice but they both work full time.

I managed a 40 minute walk yesterday but today I seem to be in pain again. I don't necessarily think the state of my feet are much to do with what I eat (or don't eat) to get back on topic!

That's OK - its simply that he has dementia and can no longer go walking alone because he gets lost. I don't hink he would be safe riding a bike. The worst thing is he is going stir crazy not able to go out. My kids have taken him out once or twice but they both work full time.

I managed a 40 minute walk yesterday but today I seem to be in pain again. I don't necessarily think the state of my feet are much to do with what I eat (or don't eat) to get back on topic!
:hug:just giving you a sympathy hug!

I keep waiting for my towel(s) to be thrown in. A life of excess is bound to eventually creep up on me. Maybe it already has - my feet are now a big issue. I keep getting tendonitis and plantar fasciitis and various other foot pains which stop me walking. The irony is that I've recently taken up walking. I was fine for about three weeks and then the foot issues started.

Bloody PF. Terrible.

I’ve found a stretching video for it that really helps. I do them twice a day at the first signs of foot pain after suffering through a few extended bouts of it and the damn doctor told me to walk less. (Can you feel me rolling my eyes?)

View: https://youtu.be/FtbKGWfQVCk

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/opinion-soda-tax-sugar-1.6474791

The soda tax may not be popular, but here's the thing: it will save lives​

For two and a half years, I worked toward a dietetics degree. I left the program as life and other priorities got in the way of its completion. There was one overarching lesson I learned during that time, though, and here it is: sugar is bad for you.

Evolution created this sweet tooth. We need sugar to survive and thus, we will crave it and only be satisfied once our bodies receive it.

Sugar is bad for you, and it's addictive. What if I offered another reason: that it's poisonous, and that drinking soda could be poisonous to you?

This is how people are continually misinformed, from the people that are in positions to inform the general population like this editorial, that can be influential in the way people perceive nutrition, then repeated over and over. And for authoritative posturing mentions they have 2 years of higher education in nutrition and in my opinion also wasted the 2 years learning nutrition.

Last edited:
Weight Watchers cracked the code for me. I'd been counting calories and exercising for decades, but I couldn't get my weight below 193 pounds. I followed their program obsessively, and lost 5 pounds the first week, and nearly 3 pounds the second week. I relaxed my dieting somewhat, allowing myself to go over the target "points", and I still gradually lost weight. I'm now around 175 pounds, 4 years later. I haven't been that low since high school. I still track what I eat, and I still exercise, and it's working for me.

The core principle is not just counting calories, but the type of food you eat. You can eat carbs and "bad" things, like sweets, as long as you do so in moderation. And, you need to eat fruits and vegetables. Plus, minimize the processed foods.

I fought the good fight and made it to 60 before getting gout. But, that could indicate a reduction in kidney function. They might be throwing in the towel after years of excess and culinary debauchery.
Bloody PF. Terrible.

I’ve found a stretching video for it that really helps. I do them twice a day at the first signs of foot pain after suffering through a few extended bouts of it and the damn doctor told me to walk less. (Can you feel me rolling my eyes?)

View: https://youtu.be/FtbKGWfQVCk
I used to get cramps up my right shin at nights. It would pull my foot up and outward as my shin and outer calf would spasm. Unrelated to that, I started doing a 15 minute, general beginner stretch routine I found on Youtube.
First of all, I was shocked how much mobility I had, or didn’t have, due to years of limited motion. I found that sitting back on my feet stretched the tendons along the front of my foot and ankle was very hard and painful. Slowly I could put all of my body weight on my feet. Then, I realized that after a month or so, I hadn’t had an ankle/shin cramp. Still haven’t to this day if I keep up the stretching routine

Last edited:
Fortunately, mild anti-inflammatory drugs (diclofenac) are available in the pharmacies in Venezuela. I buy a packet, take 4-5 pills when the PF gets really bad, then stop. That keeps it at bay.

My first water kefir is fermenting, it's pretty easy, prebiotic and tastes like apple cider.
Yeah prebiotics can really help our microbiota with bifidobacterial which is generally recognized as healthy, or getting healthier. And water kefir is perfect for someone that is allergic to dairy or vegan. Cheers.

My first water kefir is fermenting, it's pretty easy, prebiotic and tastes like apple cider.
I used to keep one running all the time, but my grains are dormant in the fridge at the moment. I used to flavour them with a little fruit. Frozen fruit always worked best because it is watery when defrosted.

water kefir

My twice a month weigh in was over the weekend. Down to 61.5kg. I'm losing a steady 200g a week which may not sound like a lot but adds up to 10kg a year. And in winter I prefer not to loose too much at once.

60kg is the maximum of my intended weight range. I'm aiming for 55kg which should have my waist to hip and waist to height ratios in a more healthy range than they are now. The waist to hip ratio is still well over 0.9. I've always carried the fat around my middle, not my hips.

So I reckon somewhere around the end of the year I'll be able to relax a little with what I eat and not worry quite as much. Been a long 3-4 years getting that weight off but it's been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom