I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy to hear it, I didn't know that had changed, so glad! ♥️

I think his intentions were good and he was speaking from personal experience. Yes, weight loss can be achieved without exercise but certainly exercise helps.
Yeah that's why I asked what he meant. I posted plenty in this thread about excercise.

Really , you can't outrun your fork.
Yeah my youngest daughter used to eat an amazing amount of junk food when she was in her late teens and early 20s and was very athletic all through high school, played basketball, volleyball, and ran, but because she took in more calories than she burned (and perhaps other reasons), she remained heavy. She was thick and strong (muscle does weigh more than fat) but weighed more than she wanted to.

I guess you missed my post in your photos about my walk in Delft last week then 😉 sorry thought I told you already
No, I haven't been to that thread in a very long time, I will check it out!

Yeah my youngest daughter used to eat an amazing amount of junk food when she was in her late teens and early 20s and was very athletic all through high school, played basketball, volleyball, and ran, but because she took in more calories than she burned (and perhaps other reasons), she remained heavy. She was thick and strong (muscle does weigh more than fat) but weighed more than she wanted to.
That's been my typical situation most of my life. I've done hard physical work so was too tired to eat well or excercise.. thats how I initially gained the weight.

That's been my typical situation most of my life. I've done hard physical work so was too tired to eat well or excercise.. thats how I initially gained the weight.
Yeah, she had a job and bought a car when she was only 16, and it was her money from her work so I really couldn't tell her how to spend it. There was always good food here but she was constantly on the run between work and classes so she ate out mostly. Unfortunately many fast food restaurants don't have healthy offerings and/or the high calorie stuff is just too tempting--especially since I rarely purchased that kind of food for them.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I asked what he meant. I posted plenty in this thread about excercise.
I must have been sleep reading and missed it, LOL!

I loved your photos in the other thread, BTW! Ohio has several such festivals each year.

Ok edited to add that I looked back a few pages in this thread we are in right now and didn't see anything about walking and exercise.

That's great! 24 pounds should take her down a dress size, 27 pounds has taken me down one.
Yep, she has lost a dress size. Just before vacation, she was trying some things on in the shop and she's dropped a size.

I can see it in her current clothes as well. When she first starting talking about joining WW several months ago, she was buying larger and larger clothes, and always filling out every inch of them, and now most of her clothes are baggy.

Funny thing is, she's losing a lot in her chest. Not to sound too creepy, but her pups are massive...like enough for four average women, and now her bras are way too large. They're tightened up as far as they'll go, and they've got big baggy spaces up under her armpits where there's just too much material now.

how is she experiencing the diet?
She's ok some days, ready to murder everyone other days. :laugh:

She looks at her points and then looks at foods like ribs and hot wings...and yes, WW says "You can eat anything!" but one rib is a serving, and it's 8 points?! You may as well not have that at all. She gets angry about things like that.

I'll bet you can see the difference too

Yes, definitely. Her face is a lot thinner, and her chest as well as her waist. She'll never lose it in the thighs, though. She was born with tree trunks and she'll die with tree trunks. As my dad said once, "Them's some powerful thighs!" :laugh:

Sorry for you though having to keep cooking those WW recipes!
I really just have to get back into menu planning, then I'll be a lot better off. Whether I'm cooking a meatloaf made of beef/pork/veal or one made of turkey, it's still following a recipe, which I prefer. I just have to plan better.

It can be done well without those, but MrsTasty seems to be insecure about that.
For WW especially, I prefer to follow their recipes, because it's one thing to track - they already have the point value assigned.

For example, last night I didn't follow a recipe, so I had to give her every ingredient to track, which took a good 20 minutes to look up and figure out how much she ate. It was either that, or sit down and take 20 minutes to create the recipe. I'd normally do that, but since this was made from what was on hand, it wouldn't ever really be the same again.

I think MrsT is tall too.
Yes, she was nearly 6-feet when we met, but with her age, she's probably closer to 5'10" now.

Diet alone isn't enough, you've got to exercise.
You got that right. That's how I knew she was finally serious. I've never seen a person more willingly sedentary than she, so when she started walking every morning, rain or shine, I knew she was going to make a real effort.

Funny thing is, she's losing a lot in her chest. Not to sound too creepy, but her pups are massive...like enough for four average women, and now her bras are way too large. They're tightened up as far as they'll go, and they've got big baggy spaces up under her armpits where there's just too much material now.
Because of weight loss (and my age) I don't have to lift up my shirt very much when hubby asks me to strike my best Mardi Gras pose (if you know what I mean). :laugh:

Yep, she has lost a dress size. Just before vacation, she was trying some things on in the shop and she's dropped a size.

I can see it in her current clothes as well. When she first starting talking about joining WW several months ago, she was buying larger and larger clothes, and always filling out every inch of them, and now most of her clothes are baggy.

Well that's nice for her if they're that big, mine are quite big too and always the last place I loose. When I was still skinny I was called 'two melons on a stick' by my classmates, so that gives some indication. I always had big 'pups' and from a young age too.
I've lost most of the weight off my waist, which is why my trousers don't fit well anymore. I know, jealousy inducing for a lot of people dying to lose that weight.
She's ok some days, ready to murder everyone other days. :laugh:

She looks at her points and then looks at foods like ribs and hot wings...and yes, WW says "You can eat anything!" but one rib is a serving, and it's 8 points?! You may as well not have that at all. She gets angry about things like that.
Yeah, that's totally true. It does make one think about what is worth the points, and what isn't. You certainly can't have it all on WW.
Yes, definitely. Her face is a lot thinner, and her chest as well as her waist. She'll never lose it in the thighs, though. She was born with tree trunks and she'll die with tree trunks. As my dad said once, "Them's some powerful thighs!" :laugh:
I love my own thick thighs, I am glad they usually stay that way too.
I really just have to get back into menu planning, then I'll be a lot better off. Whether I'm cooking a meatloaf made of beef/pork/veal or one made of turkey, it's still following a recipe, which I prefer. I just have to plan better.

For WW especially, I prefer to follow their recipes, because it's one thing to track - they already have the point value assigned.

For example, last night I didn't follow a recipe, so I had to give her every ingredient to track, which took a good 20 minutes to look up and figure out how much she ate. It was either that, or sit down and take 20 minutes to create the recipe. I'd normally do that, but since this was made from what was on hand, it wouldn't ever really be the same again.
Yeah the system does take getting used to, and if menu planning works for you both I'd say keep going. It's just that I think WW recipes are a bit boring, but I'm sure you know how to spice them up.
You got that right. That's how I knew she was finally serious. I've never seen a person more willingly sedentary than she, so when she started walking every morning, rain or shine, I knew she was going to make a real effort.
That's great! It will make her feel better.

Picking up on what CraigC mentioned about exercise; since my partner (with dementia) ceased to be able to walk alone because he kept getting lost, I've been walking at least an hour every day with him (aside from when I developed tendonitis and then plantar fasciitis in my feet). It seems that I've lost weight by doing this. I don't really think its calories burned by walking - more that my whole metabolism has been 'revved up'. This is not scientific! I watch what I eat all the time as well but drink a lot of alcohol.

My alcohol intake adds up to something like 1500 calories per day so given that I eat two meals as well, I shouldn't really have lost weight. Its not a lot of weight but just enough to mean I can go out wearing shorts and a fairly skimpy top and feel OK. I can't report what I actually weigh as I have no scales. My guess would be around 70 kilos (154 pounds) but it could be more. I used to be 5ft 8¾ (probably a bit less now)

One thing that has happened due to age is that the fatty bits have sort of 'dropped'. I won't go into detail but I suppose its possible this may give the illusion of being slimmer!

Because of weight loss (and my age) I don't have to lift up my shirt very much when hubby asks me to strike my best Mardi Gras pose (if you know what I mean). :laugh:

I hope he's throwing you plenty of beads. :laugh:

My ex-wife was 5'7", and wore a DD bra, so I know all about what happens over time.

CD

I hope he's throwing you plenty of beads. :laugh:

My ex-wife was 5'7", and wore a DD bra, so I know all about what happens over time.

CD
Uh yeah, I guess you could say that. Beads.

It's just that I think WW recipes are a bit boring, but I'm sure you know how to spice them up.
I’m curious how you track your food with WW. Since you’re using your own recipes, do you create those recipes via the app, so they get scored, or do you track each ingredient in order to get the score, or are you familiar enough with the foods that you somewhat estimate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom