I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last days, I've heard something about not eating anything that contains sugar, or anything else highly sweet, that gives you energy, two hours before going to bed.

It seems like the high sugar is bad for sleeping, don't know the details.

In the last days, I've heard something about not eating anything that contains sugar, or anything else highly sweet, that gives you energy, two hours before going to bed.

It seems like the high sugar is bad for sleeping, don't know the details.

Sugar can keep you from sleeping, much like caffeine. Sugar definitely keeps me from sleeping. If my stomach is demanding attention at bedtime, or I wake up in the middle of the night hungry, a big glass of milk does the job. Cheese is another good late night snack. Dairy is a good source of melatonin, which helps you sleep.

CD

Sugar can keep you from sleeping, much like caffeine. Sugar definitely keeps me from sleeping. If my stomach is demanding attention at bedtime, or I wake up in the middle of the night hungry, a big glass of milk does the job. Cheese is another good late night snack. Dairy is a good source of melatonin, which helps you sleep.

CD
I don't like milk, unfortunately, unless it has a bunch of sugary, caffeinated syrupy chocolate in it :laugh:

I never eat past 17.00 in the afternoon and go to bed around 21.30, but yet frequently have trouble sleeping . I think it's because complete digestion takes 24 hrs in people with a colon, but only 6 hrs in people without one.
So I usually have to get up at least once a night. And then I am still lucky, because most people with an ileostomy have to go twice.
Undisturbed sleep is something I can only dream about. But the trade off has been worth it still.

That's disciplined, I've talked with many people about their and my health problems, the majority don't like to treat them at all.
Sometimes I feel so sorry for them, as they're so sick they can't lit their potential.

I never eat past 17.00 in the afternoon and go to bed around 21.30, but yet frequently have trouble sleeping . I think it's because complete digestion takes 24 hrs in people with a colon, but only 6 hrs in people without one.
So I usually have to get up at least once a night. And then I am still lucky, because most people with an ileostomy have to go twice.
Undisturbed sleep is something I can only dream about. But the trade off has been worth it still.
When you get to be my age, you have to get up and pee at least once in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep. Well maybe you won't have that problem, everyone is different, but most people do I think, though some may be able to go back to sleep more easily.

When you get to be my age, you have to get up and pee at least once in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep. Well maybe you won't have that problem, everyone is different, but most people do I think, though some may be able to go back to sleep more easily.
I know, but when juggling multiple illnesses undisturbed sleep is extra important. And I just can't get it, even on my best nights. Tonight was great (11 hours!) but of course interrupted, just lucky me only once this night. It was wonderful.

I've also gotten on the WW train again, now we know I don't have a dangerous condition (just a painful one) it's OK to start losing again and I definitely want to put a little less strain on my already painful joints.

I know, but when juggling multiple illnesses undisturbed sleep is extra important. And I just can't get it, even on my best nights. Tonight was great (11 hours!) but of course interrupted, just lucky me only once this night. It was wonderful.

I've also gotten on the WW train again, now we know I don't have a dangerous condition (just a painful one) it's OK to start losing again and I definitely want to put a little less strain on my already painful joints.

Good for you. I've lost 25 pounds in the last few months, and my left knee is thanking me every time I climb the stairs in my house. I have a compressed meniscus. Not enough to warrant surgery, but enough to get my attention if I don't watch my weight.

CD

Good for you. I've lost 25 pounds in the last few months, and my left knee is thanking me every time I climb the stairs in my house. I have a compressed meniscus. Not enough to warrant surgery, but enough to get my attention if I don't watch my weight.

CD
Thanks for sharing that! It's good to know it does really help to lose some. I lost about the same amount but I am quite heavy so I need to lose at least another 25.

When you get to be my age, you have to get up and pee at least once in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep.
Being a “gentleman of a certain age” with some of the expected…growth in certain internal bits, I’d say that I spend most of the night peeing with short breaks of napping in between! :laugh:

Being a “gentleman of a certain age” with some of the expected…growth in certain internal bits, I’d say that I spend most of the night peeing with short breaks of napping in between! :laugh:

They have medicine for that.

CD

MrsT had her biggest weekly weight loss this week (today is her two-month WW anniversary as well).

She weighed in this morning…just under seven pounds lost this week, for a two-month total of 24 pounds.

She was worried after coming back from her vacation, where she had a chili dog, corned beef hash, things like that, so when she got home, she really cut back this past week.

She says for the first time, she’s noticing a difference with how her clothes fit, so she’s back motivated again after moaning all last week about being tired of not eating anything she wants. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom