I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 2 kg in 3 month a big gain?
For me, it's since the beginning of May which makes it 4½ months... some of it is muscle, I know that because at the start of winter I was struggling to lift the big heavy splitting axe and the chainsaw. Neither are now a problem to lift, though using them is causing problems with my neck issues... so it's not a huge gain, but I do need to keep it in check.
No, a big gain would be a dress size or roughly 10 kg.
10kg on me would be much more than 1 dress size. More like 2 sizes minimum. I've dropped from a size 18-20 waist to a size 10 losing 25kg.

I really need to keep watching what I eat! Though not in the way you'd expect. I didn't try to lose with ww on maintenance, but my weight today was 109 kg / 240 lbs, which is almost 20 kg / 40 lbs lower than my starting point last year. I'm losing without trying! Seems somewhat alarming to me, but my doctor isn't concerned.

I really need to keep watching what I eat! Though not in the way you'd expect. I didn't try to lose with ww on maintenance, but my weight today was 109 kg / 240 lbs, which is almost 20 kg / 40 lbs lower than my starting point last year. I'm losing without trying! Seems somewhat alarming to me, but my doctor isn't concerned.
I wouldn’t stress too much. You know how MrsT has been eating since June…well, in France and London, she suspended tracking and 1/2 portions, are more or less what she wanted, and after two full weeks of that, she’s gained… 6/10ths of a pound.

All the walking helped, I’m sure.

I wouldn’t stress too much. You know how MrsT has been eating since June…well, in France and London, she suspended tracking and 1/2 portions, are more or less what she wanted, and after two full weeks of that, she’s gained… 6/10ths of a pound.

All the walking helped, I’m sure.
I hope you are right. Combined with what else is going on it doesn't feel reassuring.

Ok, just under a week back from vacation, today is MrsT's weigh-in day, and she lost...an additional 4.2 pounds. Hopefully, she's finally learning that a doughnut here and a beer there aren't going to derail her. That puts her at a total weight loss of 36 pounds since starting in June.
Interesting how my and her weight loss is almost at the same pace since we started, though I seem to lose in short bursts and she more gradually. Though I am not sure if my case is completely through dieting alone as I am losing this much on WW maintenance mode.

I lost 38 pounds by now total. And I definitely indulge at times.

I'm down to -40 lbs /- 20 kgs. This means I am almost at my goal weight of 100 kg/220 lbs which I thought would be hard to reach after all my body went through but it seems achievable now.

If I make it to 100 I hope to be able to go down to 80 which would put me back at my personal ideal weight . Haven't weighed that little since I was 20 and I'm 35 now.

I'm keeping the WW app on maintenance, as I seem to lose fine with that as well because I am apparently burning a lot of calories.

This week, MrsT is down another 1.4 pounds. She's not terribly happy with that, though WW says that's the kind of slow and steady weight loss they like to see. I had to remind her that she's had Oktoberfest food (which means a cream puff and some Black Forest cake, and a sausage, and a liter of beer), and some pizza, and that she had half of a Big Mac and fries, so she's feeling better about things now. :laugh:

This week, MrsT is down another 1.4 pounds. She's not terribly happy with that, though WW says that's the kind of slow and steady weight loss they like to see. I had to remind her that she's had Oktoberfest food (which means a cream puff and some Black Forest cake, and a sausage, and a liter of beer), and some pizza, and that she had half of a Big Mac and fries, so she's feeling better about things now. :laugh:

That's fantastic! I mean blimey, she has been on holiday recently and been to Octoberfest and is still losing weight.

MrsT lost a scant 0.6lbs this time around, so she’s back to militantly counting points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom