I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going to need new clothes at this rate...
Ohhhh...I would love that!

When I joined the Air Force in...well, the very end of 1985, I weighed 122lbs, and when I got married less than five years later, I'd managed to get up to 190lbs.

I mentioned losing a lot of weight in 2001-2002, and when I did that, the lowest I got was 175lbs, so I've beaten that, and I haven't really been trying. The funny thing is, I haven't been on the treadmill in three weeks, and even with the WW-approved main meals we're eating, I'm still eating things like cheese, salty snacks, bits of chocolate here and there, and this week, we've been eating those cupcakes, so I haven't been denied anything that way, it's just that our main meals are a lot different than they used to be.

I'm really interested to see how we both do when we're on our two-week trip coming up. We'll not be holding back on food choices (though we won't be gorging ourselves, either), but we'll be walking miles and miles and miles.

...and MrsT just weighed herself, and she's down another 3.6lbs this week, for a total weight loss of 29.2lbs since June. It's official - bourbon-bacon devil's food cupcakes are a health food!

...and MrsT just weighed herself, and she's down another 3.6lbs this week, for a total weight loss of 29.2lbs since June. It's official - bourbon-bacon devil's food cupcakes are a health food!
Seriously though, do you notice that the longer you do this, the less you crave junky foods?

At least for me, I've been enjoying french fries & snacks and stuff a lot less than I used to. I eat them but every time I eat them they seem more dissapointing, like not worth the calories. It's like my preferences for food change the longer I'm watching what I eat. That change is certainly making things easier.

Seriously though, do you notice that the longer you do this, the less you crave junky foods?

At least for me, I've been enjoying french fries & snacks and stuff a lot less than I used to. I eat them but every time I eat them they seem more dissapointing, like not worth the calories. It's like my preferences for food change the longer I'm watching what I eat. That change is certainly making things easier.

Since I have gone to a low sodium diet, when I do eat at a restaurant, I find myself thinking that the food is too salty. I actually taste salt now that I have cut back on it.

CD

Since I have gone to a low sodium diet, when I do eat at a restaurant, I find myself thinking that the food is too salty. I actually taste salt now that I have cut back on it.

CD
I can imagine that, since I no longer drink soda every day it tastes much sweeter to me too.

For her, no. She’s just now getting convinced that maybe she can cheat a little and still live to tell the tale, but for June and July, she really missed her less healthy items.

She’d have a half-slice of bacon or a single potato chip/crisp and (not exaggerating) almost start to cry because she wanted more and wouldn’t eat it. I’ll give her credit for willpower, she’s got that.

It took her going on vacation, veering off her diet plan just a little and still losing considerable weight to agree to using some of her weekly cheat points (which is built into the program, I kept telling her) for her to slide a little with the cupcakes this past week. There were two days she went over her daily allowance and had to dip into her weeklies, and she still lost three pounds.

She told me this morning she wants pizza Friday. It’ll be a very thin, responsibly-sized pizza with no meat and low-fat cheese, but I think it might be the first pizza she’s had since before June. That’s progress!

I can imagine that, since I no longer drink soda every day it tastes much sweeter to me too.
That happened to me. I used to drink 2-3 cans of sugared pop a day (root beer, Mountain Dew, orange pop, and red pop), but I switched over to diet versions in 2001.

A few months after switching, the vending machine was stocked incorrectly and gave me a sugared pop instead of the diet one I selected. I took a drink and immediately spat it out, right on the floor. It was so sweet, it tasted almost rotten to me.

I've not had an alcoholic drink since Sunday night. Granted it's only Wednesday, and it was really easy, I just didn't feel like it and really not feeling it this evening, either. I have had water and my usual cup of tea and cup of coffee in the mornings, and food. I am sure my liver is thanking me!

Because I grew up unable to use toothpaste or mouthwash, doctors/dentists had me using salt instead. So my mum introduced a salt free diet at home. The result is that I hate the taste of salt and have to ask for chips/fries without salt if/when we order them. I will literally brush off the salt if we order chips and forget, or not eat them. We don't salt anything at home until it is on the plate. That way hubby can add salt if he wants it and I can avoid it. I have to nebulise with a 6% salt solution to keep my lungs free from congestion and all I can say is that it tastes foul.

That happened to me. I used to drink 2-3 cans of sugared pop a day (root beer, Mountain Dew, orange pop, and red pop), but I switched over to diet versions in 2001.

A few months after switching, the vending machine was stocked incorrectly and gave me a sugared pop instead of the diet one I selected. I took a drink and immediately spat it out, right on the floor. It was so sweet, it tasted almost rotten to me.
I recently found out on Reddit that all soda brands use more sugar in the USA and I was floored. For example fanta is 7 grams of sugar per can here, but 12 in the USA. Now I know why people always say the soda is sweeter in the US. And 7 grams of sugar is ofc already ridicoulously much! I'm not trying to excuse my habit saying the USA is worse, I was just floored wondering how that stuff is still drinkable to most people.

Because I grew up unable to use toothpaste or mouthwash, doctors/dentists had me using salt instead. So my mum introduced a salt free diet at home. The result is that I hate the taste of salt and have to ask for chips/fries without salt if/when we order them. I will literally brush off the salt if we order chips and forget, or not eat them. We don't salt anything at home until it is on the plate. That way hubby can add salt if he wants it and I can avoid it. I have to nebulise with a 6% salt solution to keep my lungs free from congestion and all I can say is that it tastes foul.
How awful! I've had to drink liters and liters of salt solution to get my endoscopies (I had more than 10) when my Colitis was still active, and I'm repulsed by any salt water now. Even the smell makes me gag. So I can imagine a little bit how this is for you. I'm sorry that happened to you :hug:

Stayed stable this week, I've had some more stress and that tends to make me a bit hungrier. Which I won't ignore, because in the past that was what triggered my BED.

It's better to stand still for a bit waiting for more peace of mind, than to push myself only to have it backfire later.

MrsT is down another week, just under three pounds, for a total weight loss of 32 pounds on the nose. She’s over halfway to her goal.

I’ve managed to put on a pound. Thank you, Christmas pudd. :laugh:

You are going to need new clothes at this rate...
This is becoming apparent. I tried on some of my jackets for our upcoming trip…and they’re all too big!

It's been a difficult decision, but I am stopping the diet for at least the coming two to three months. The old familiar stress around it is roaring it's ugly head again, and I am progressively getting sicker and still have no treatment or clarity on the diagnosis so I'm erring on the side of caution.
I've got a year membership of WW, so I am planning to use the app to stay stable until I believe it's safe to progress further. So I'm not throwing caution to the wind completely, and will keep my newly developed habits but I am also not actively going to try to lose weight for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom