I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is it you're saying? I'm not losing weight fast enough or something? You think losing 10 kg a week is substainable and healthy ?
I didn’t read it that way, just that it’s surprising how quickly weight can drop off. I know when I went through my period of weight loss, I was shocked how much I lost so rapidly, especially right at the beginning.

Of course, I wasn’t following any kind of plan for the most part, so what I was doing wasn’t exactly the healthiest way to lose it, but just changing my food choices and exercising every day caused me to quickly drop a lot of weight, probably too much in such a short period.

Just curious @TastyReuben , does your MrsTasty eat her weekly points?
No, almost never. Up until recently, she wasn’t even eating all her dailies. Now that her daily balance is 20 points, she’s having a more difficult time coming in under that, but before that, she’d usually have a couple of daily points left over.

Like I mentioned before, it’s just her personality, she extremely competitive with herself, and her frame of mind is that whatever points she’s allowed, she has to beat that, or she’s lost the game for the day. 20 points…then anything past 19 and she lost.

Similarly, she sees her weeklies as a savings account, so to speak, and she tries to build those up over the week, but not to use, purely to say, “I had 52 weekly points last week, and this week, I had 55…I win!”

It’s hard to explain, but that’s how she sees the whole program, like a chess game against a computer, and she has to beat it every day and every week. She doesn’t look at it like, “If I follow this program, I’ll lose weight,” she looks at it like, “If I beat this game, I’ll lose weight.”

So what is it you're saying? I'm not losing weight fast enough or something? You think losing 10 kg a week is substainable and healthy ?
Sorry that my text was implying that.
I tried to to just talk a little bit about diet itself and how crazy it can be. If you ask me, there is no 100% healthy way of diet and if, then that'sjust a made up fact. What scientists say now is probably complete nonsense 100 years later.
But I don't want to be to skeptical again, it's always interesting to find out something new and try it own your own, right now I'm getting used to control my energy output throughout the day via herbal teas and spices like chili, ginger or garlic.

The most easiest way to find out what might be good, for me, is to have a quite repetitive day, doing the same things every day and watch how food intake changes the outcome on a workday.

Ditto. At that age, I was traveling 200k+ miles a year, humping baggage around and missing meals. And I hate gyms and indoor exercise in general. Hiking is my preferred activity, though one of the professors here wants to get me into bike riding.
The Finger Lakes must be an absolute pleasure to hike in, I've always wanted to go there. it's beautuful here in Ohio, too. We have fabulous parks here and my husband was doing a lot of walking on trails last year At the end of summer and into fall he was doing about 7 miles a day. But then winter came and in the spring he didn't pick it back up for some reason.

Yeah I didn't read that as being directed at you at all.

The Finger Lakes must be an absolute pleasure to hike in, I've always wanted to go there. it's beautuful here in Ohio, too. We have fabulous parks here and my husband was doing a lot of walking on trails last year At the end of summer and into fall he was doing about 7 miles a day. But then winter came and in the spring he didn't pick it back up for some reason.
They are indeed- nice and hilly, generally not too hot, amazing scenery. Oh, and did I mention the wine reward...? If you guys travel, I'd be happy to run him up and down a couple of the more fun trails.

This month marks the end of my first year here and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

They are indeed- nice and hilly, generally not too hot, amazing scenery. Oh, and did I mention the wine reward...? If you guys travel, I'd be happy to run him up and down a couple of the more fun trails.

This month marks the end of my first year here and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
We have a lot of wineries in OH up on Lake Erie closer to NY and PA, and of course vineyards for miles all along the lakefront in those states too. I've never been further than Buffalo that far NE when driving that route. I wanted to and it's on my to do list.

I'd be good for a few miles but I'm 5'1" so I walk a bit slower, lol.

I guess if you don't eat fish you don't enjoy catching them, but I hear the fishing is amazing in that area.

One of the car magazines that I used to work for did a story on the Finger Lakes region of NY. I'll have to look for it. I probably have it, somewhere.

CD

Yeah I didn't read that as being directed at you at all.
I'm surprised that anyone would think that is a regular or smart thing to do, losing so much in such a short time is dangerous for your body. And promotes disordered behaviour. Doesn't matter if it was directed at me, I think it's concerning .

Healthy Weight Loss

I'm surprised that anyone would think that is a regular or smart thing to do, losing so much in such a short time is dangerous for your body. And promotes disordered behaviour. Doesn't matter if it was directed at me, I think it's concerning .

Healthy Weight Loss

One to two pounds a week sounds reasonable. That's 52 to 104 pounds in a year. But, to lose 52 to 104 pounds in a year, one needs to lose one to two pounds a week consistently. At the end of a year, if a person has only lost a few pounds, or no weight, or worst case, has gained weight, it may be time for a new strategy.

CD

He said he lost 10kg once, which yeah, if done regularly, would be unsustainable and unhealthy. He said he can lose 5kg in a week easily. Isn't that about 2.5 pounds in a week? For my height (5'1") that might be a bit unreasonable, but for a man who is much taller than I am, it doesn't seem like too much.
I can loose 5kg in one week easily, with normal water consumption, once I've lost 10kg in one week. The more you move, the more energy you're loosing. Before I've seen it with my own eyes, I couldn't believe that you can loose so much weight in such a short time.

What I would like to find out in the next few years, or maybe in the rest of my life: how much exercising, what kind of exercising and which relaxation techniques will show the best results for me.

One to two pounds a week sounds reasonable. That's 52 to 104 pounds in a year. But, to lose 52 to 104 pounds in a year, one needs to lose one to two pounds a week consistently. At the end of a year, if a person has only lost a few pounds, or no weight, or worst case, has gained weight, it may be time for a new strategy.

CD
Yeah, I am losing more like 1 pound a month, which is still better than gaining it. And I am not really trying. If I gave up spirits and started doing some light exercise I would lose more for sure. And I might just start doing some walking this fall when it cools down a bit. My allergies prevent me from doing much in spring and summer, plus when it gets really warm I just can't take the heat and I am exhausted within a few blocks, much less a few miles. Swimming is my preferred choice of exercise and we just don't have the room for a pool. Not to mention putting out the $$ and the maintenance involved to have an outdoor pool we can only use for 5 months.

Yeah, I am losing more like 1 pound a month, which is still better than gaining it. And I am not really trying. If I gave up spirits and started doing some light exercise I would lose more for sure. And I might just start doing some walking this fall when it cools down a bit. My allergies prevent me from doing much in spring and summer, plus when it gets really warm I just can't take the heat and I am exhausted within a few blocks, much less a few miles. Swimming is my preferred choice of exercise and we just don't have the room for a pool. Not to mention putting out the $$ and the maintenance involved to have an outdoor pool we can only use for 5 months.

Yeah, the sprits are totally empty calories... but like John (Cougar) Mellencamp sang, it "hurts so good." :laugh:

I'm fortunate that I can still lose 5 pounds in less than a week, and still eat well. I just have to give up some things I really WANT, but don't really NEED. Of course, in college I could eat 3,000 calories a day, and drink about the same in beer, and stay skinny.

BTW, in college, I swam 20 laps a day in the free indoor olympic size pool. I'd be lucky to get through one lap of that pool today, without being totally embarrassed by any college students in the pool.

CD

Yeah, the sprits are totally empty calories... but like John (Cougar) Mellencamp sang, it "hurts so good." :laugh:

I'm fortunate that I can still lose 5 pounds in less than a week, and still eat well. I just have to give up some things I really WANT, but don't really NEED. Of course, in college I could eat 3,000 calories a day, and drink about the same in beer, and stay skinny.

BTW, in college, I swam 20 laps a day in the free indoor olympic size pool. I'd be lucky to get through one lap of that pool today, without being totally embarrassed by any college students in the pool.

CD
I think I could still swim 20 laps a day, but it wouldn't all be in the same round, LOL. I would have to take a few breaks and I swim much, much slower than I did when I was young. I grew up in a beach resort town and weather permitting I swam every day in the Gulf of Mexico, which is a bit challenging depending on currents and waves. I learned how to swim when I was 3 years old, BTW, and most of my friends had pools too, so when it was rough in the Gulf I could go over to someone's house to swim. In my early 20s I lived in an apartment on the Intracoastal waterway (sound) and the apartment complex had a pool, too. The sound was always quite swimmable but I had to stay close to shore because of barges passing through. My dad had a boat so I was really active with water skiing, fishing, etc. and in my 20s I became SCUBA certified so I did that as well. And I also had show horses in my teenage years and I had to carry 50 pound sacks of horsefeed from the back of the pickup to the feedroom, haul buckets of water to their stalls, plus muck their stalls and then haul the wheelbarrows of manure out to the pile, LOL. That's hard work. I weighed about 105 as a teenager and about 115-120 in my 20s.

I sure do miss those days. It was the only way to battle summer was living close to the water. I lived in Tallahassee, Florida for a couple of years and the heat was a good 10 degrees hotter in the summer there, but it was just as humid.

Oh yeah, and beer has good food value but food has no beer value, LOL! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom