Impossible ground meat like product. A+ IMHO

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
3:48 PM
We had a Exchange student from France sometime back. She didn't like ground meat in anything. I am not sure if that goes for all of people of Europe. Maybe it's some American thing that just works here. Damfino.

We've been using the Impossible ground meat product and really like our results.
Spaghetti sauce and hamburgers it's worked out better than ground meat. Much better.

Ya can't microwave it, or at least we've failed at that, but baking and frying works out well. Ya can't argue taste but I like it.

Ain't cheap, about $8 US for 12 Oz.

I can't get past the odor of the Beyond ground meat like product.
The obnoxious smell sets me back but the wife doesn't seem to mind.
Smells like when I'd set my sisters Barbie Dolls on fire.
4E360FEF-4DDD-4B57-A6E7-55A4331EE69F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a package of Impossible ground "beef", Beyond Burger ground "beef" and regular (well, from a local farm) ground beef in my freezer. My plan in early January is to do a taste-test comparison.

1) Making patties and pan-frying them in a skillet, serving them on lettuce wraps to see how they come out. (I really detest buns.)
2) Making mini meatloafs out of the rest of each package, made the way I personally like meatloaf. Potatoes instead of those annoying breadcrumbs.

Will let everyone know. I am hesitant about the Impossible, as it contains TVP, a "product" i prefer NOT to eat, but it looks more meat-like than the Beyond.

I realize they probably formulated flavors to go more with the fast food burger ambiance, but too bad - will NOT buy those.

I have a package of Impossible ground "beef", Beyond Burger ground "beef" and regular (well, from a local farm) ground beef in my freezer. My plan in early January is to do a taste-test comparison.

1) Making patties and pan-frying them in a skillet, serving them on lettuce wraps to see how they come out. (I really detest buns.)
2) Making mini meatloafs out of the rest of each package, made the way I personally like meatloaf. Potatoes instead of those annoying breadcrumbs.

Will let everyone know. I am hesitant about the Impossible, as it contains TVP, a "product" i prefer NOT to eat, but it looks more meat-like than the Beyond.

I realize they probably formulated flavors to go more with the fast food burger ambiance, but too bad - will NOT buy those.
I like the lettuce wraps idea.
Interested to see the meatloaf results.
Meatloaf and potato's,,, ummmmmm good.

I like the Brioche buns flown in from France and still at a reasonable price. Wife is very weight conscience and feels they have way too many calories.

The local store brand Brioche just doesn't cut it.

The Cheesecake factory sells a house flavor brown bread that makes the most tasty Impossible Patty melts with Bread and Butter pickles a must.

Patty-Melt.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard great reports about this product but alas I cannot buy it here yet. Apparently:

Can you get them in the UK? No. But there are similar alternatives out there. Unfortunately, Impossible Burgers are not yet available in Europe as the haem protein has not yet been approved by the EU as the European Food Standards Agency are currently running tests on the substance to ensure it's safe to eat.

Impossible Burger in the UK? Netflix fans hungry for ... - HITCwww.hitc.com › en-gb › 2019/11/15 › impossible-burg...

I won't buy or eat that stuff. I'm a meat eater through and through. To each his own. We recently had a pizza outfit here serving pizzas with a meat substitute. They were fined. I won't be getting pizza from there ever. It was hells pizza.

Russ

I had an Impossible Burger once, and I did like it. But, I've read that it is not really any healthier than a real beef burger. The main benefit seems to be to the planet. I don't know. I do know that the price will have to come down a lot before I'm likely to buy it for regular consumption.

As for cooking, the restaurant I went to for my Impossible burger told me to go with at least medium. Anything less than medium is mushy. I wonder how it would work as a smashburger? It seems like it would work well.

CD

Back
Top Bottom