Recipe Improvised raspberry & Disaronno tiramisu

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
12:32 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
I call it 'improvised ' because I don't want to offend any Italians as my recipe can hardly be considered authentic. It is however very convenient, and a tasty way to eat summer fruit.

Ingredients for 4 persons:
250 g of ricotta
250 g of raspberries
175 g of lady fingers
100 g of caster sugar
75 ml of DiSaronno or another amaretto
Vanilla essence to taste
Dark chocolate to shave over the tiramisu

1. Mix the ricotta with the raspberries, Disaronno, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until it's a smooth pink mixture.
2. Put a layer of lady fingers on the bottom of your dish. If you want them extra boozy, sprinkle them with Disaronno. Then add half the pink mixture and spread out evenly on top.
3. Put another layer of lady fingers on top, no extra booze because that would be too soggy overall. Then cover with the other half of the fruit mixture.
4. Shave chocolate over the resulting dish, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I love that you used DiSaronno and fruit in this Tiramisu. I also make it with fruit (especially strawberries) and I sub mascarpone with ricotta for a lighter outcome, just like you did.
It’s not so uncommon in Italy to make Fruit Tiramisu, indeed it’s pretty appreciated. Of course the “authentic one” is with coffee/mascarpone and so on, but the fancy leads in other delicious ways like this 😍

Last edited:
Oh wow, I love that you used DiSaronno and fruit in this Tiramisu. I also make it with fruit (especially strawberries) and I sub mascarpone with ricotta for a lighter outcome, just like you did.
It’s not so uncommon in Italy to make Fruit Tiramisu, indeed it’s pretty appreciated. Of course the “authentic one” is with coffee/mascarpone and so on, but the fancy lead in other delicious ways like this 😍
I like the authentic one too, but only in small doses. And with only two people to eat it, a whole batch of the authentic stuff is just going to be wasted. I've noticed that this lighter version does get eaten fast enough :laugh: I'm a bit picky with alcohol, and DiSaronno is the only Amaretto I like. And because I thought it would not be appropriate without alcohol, I did add it and it works really well.

But I am flattered to know it carries your approval dear :hug: it does taste quite delicious and we're in a heatwave here currently, so it's quite welcome! (30 degrees expected this week, very unusual for this time of year)

I like the authentic one too, but only in small doses. And with only two people to eat it, a whole batch of the authentic stuff is just going to be wasted. I've noticed that this lighter version does get eaten fast enough :laugh: I'm a bit picky with alcohol, and DiSaronno is the only Amaretto I like. And because I thought it would not be appropriate without alcohol, I did add it and it works really well.

But I am flattered to know it carries your approval dear :hug: it does taste quite delicious and we're in a heatwave here currently, so it's quite welcome! (30 degrees expected this week, very unusual for this time of year)

You don’t need my approval, sweetie 🙃
As I said, I also make my fruity version with fruit in season and I am a huge fan of Ricotta and less fond to Mascarpone which I use every now and then just when I make the classic Tiramisu when this is requested by someone or when I want to stick to tradition.
Let me also say that I don’t mind at all to use Ricotta in my quick basic version with coffee.

You don’t need my approval, sweetie 🙃
As I said, I also make my fruity version with fruit in season and I am a huge fan of Ricotta and less fond to Mascarpone which I use every now and then just when I make the classic Tiramisu when this is requested by someone or when I want to stick to tradition.
Let me also say that I don’t mind at all to use Ricotta in my quick basic version with coffee.
I'm content to know it's not offensive to Italian culture, that's all. I try to be sensitive about cultural heritage, it's important to people.

I do feel the same as you about the ricotta! It's much lighter and tastes better I think, not as stodgy.

I'm content to know it's not offensive to Italian culture, that's all. I try to be sensitive about cultural heritage, it's important to people.

I do feel the same as you about the ricotta! It's much lighter and tastes better I think, not as stodgy.

Oh no no please, offensive things are other things and behaviours, not this 🙂. Right, traditions are important for everyone, in general we are amused and shocked at same time more than offended (we have a good sense of humor) when we assist to something that it’s just out of the world (for us). We get angry when traditions are treated as if they were nothing so important.

Ricotta forever! I use it very much both in sweet and savoury dishes, it’s so versatile and delicious, also to eat it as it is.

Back to your Tiramisu, now I want to make again the fruity one. If you want, you have the chance to post it on my blog. I would be honoured!
Have you ever tried Tiramisu with peaches in syrup?
I did, soaked lady fingers in Prosecco.. oh yes my dear, it’s OMG 🤤
I’ll write up the recipe soon…

Back
Top Bottom