Instant pot, keto, spicy lamb casserole one pot?

Dormouse

Local time
9:02 PM
Or maybe not!

I want: Keto spicy lamb casserole with celeriac mash and other veg, prob green beans.

Sounds like there would be loads of recipes online but none keto, pressure cooker friendly AND spicy that I have found after a 3 day search and no anwser from the hip pressure cooking forum after 24 hours.

Ingrediants so far:
600g diced lamb leg
Stock - what to use no problem but amount?
Mushrooms
Onions, celery, garlic, ginger and a whole chillie are added with no expection of seeing them at the end.

What spices to add – beginning or end?

Veg? Carrots and pots are out. I like to be seasonal so maybe courgettes/squash, fennel, green sweet pepper or other (UK).

Would like to have with celeriac mash (?cooking time on top of cass in foil or pot on trivit) and maybe green beans. Celeriac looks like being about 70g, green beans 220g (using my Tesco online order).

Can I chuck a handful of spinach or kale in at the beginning for their nutrient value?

And what about baby onions (shallots), where might they fit in? And does adding mint (or fresh or dried herb) help at any point with flavour?

Stevia will be our only sweetener but you can use your own if wanted and we’ll experiement with the stevia!

Not cooking until Saturday so if anyone has any creative ideas I'd be most grateful before 3am on Friday 3rd August 2018 (BST).

This could be my first one pot meal ….. (PLEASE!)

Many thanks

DM

Sorry for being so seemingly complicated in a first post but I thought I might find some inquisitive foodie people here.

Welcome to CookingBites @Dormouse - please do introduce yourself over in New Member Introductions so we can all say hello!

Regarding your question - are you talking about the ketogenic diet? As I understand it that means high fat low carbs.!You are really asking a lot of questions in your post! A few questions for you.

So regarding spices - do you want a really spicy 'chilli hot' stew?

Onions, celery, garlic, ginger and a whole chillie are added with no expection of seeing them at the end.

I don't understand what you mean by 'no expectation of seeing them at the end'. Please explain.

Stevia will be our only sweetener but you can use your own if wanted and we’ll experiement with the stevia!

Why on earth do you need sweetener in a lamb casserole?

Welcome to Cooking Bites :welcome:

How much experience do you have using the pressure cooker? The reason I ask is that the Hip Pressure Cooking website is a great resource for techniques and basic dos and don'ts.

In terms of liquid my rule of thumb is work upwards from the minimum. According to the manual the Instant Pot requires about 1 cup of water to come to pressure, so that's the minimum amount of liquid you need in your recipe. So you need to think how much liquid do you want in your final dish? Remembering that liquid does not evaporate in a pressure cooker, and vegetables also release water.

If you can't find a recipe for exactly what you want to cook in the pressure cooker, then just find a similar one (maybe with a similar cut of a different meat and/or veg) and then adjust it to your requirements :D Alternatively if you already have a "normal" recipe you like just adjust it to the pressure cooker.

Back
Top Bottom