Is pineapple on pizza acceptable?

Usually when pineapple is on a pizza it is partnered with ham..that is a good combination. I've had it on pizza and don't mind it but would never order it for myself....

Ditto. My favorite "fruit" on a pizza is tomatoes. I prefer fresh sliced tomatoes to tomato sauce.

Ok, this is a bit different, I like pizza base with my base sauce, then tinned spaghetti, then usual stuff ,bacon, tomato, chorizo,pineapple cheese. I'm due to make this again,soon.

Russ

No fruit on my pizza please. I like green and yellow, red bell peppers, maybe some spinach specially if it is a white pizza, onion is ok if it is diced small enough. That'll do me for traditional pizza. But i make a refried bean pizza that is darn tasty when i go untraditional.

I also like purple bell peppers and cubano peppers but it is rare to find either of those, the last purple pepper in had i grew myself.

No fruit on my pizza please. I like green and yellow, red bell peppers, maybe some spinach specially if it is a white pizza, onion is ok if it is diced small enough. That'll do me for traditional pizza. But i make a refried bean pizza that is darn tasty when i go untraditional.

I also like purple bell peppers and cubano peppers but it is rare to find either of those, the last purple pepper in had i grew myself.

Do you mean cubanelle peppers?

The article is a fun read. The very last line is "I am absolutely pro-pineapple and I think about it the same way I think about most food arguments. If you don’t like it, don’t eat it.” - Scott Weiner (pizza expect quoted in article)

In my kitchen, I have the 3 dollar rule. I give anyone who doesn't like my ingredient choices $3 and direct them to the local McDonalds. :laugh:

The resounding answer on CookingBites is "No...Hell no" when it comes to pineapple on pizza. I am thinking the next ingredient challenge should be...dare I say it?

If my memory serves me correctly, the name given to the pizza with pineapple in England was/is Hawaiian. One of the furthest locations from Italy as the crow flies has to be Hawaii.

So after all this discussion here on CookingBites, I asked myself a stupid question. "What do Hawaiians put on their pizza?"

A quick Google search and I found this Article. "Hunting the 'real' Hawaiian pizza"

Answer: Pulled Pork instead of ham, Taro flour instead of wheat flour, Mixture of Mozzarella and Goat cheese, Red Onions & fresh basil garlic tomato sauce.
According to the article, 'true' Hawaiians usually put pineapple on their pizza.

But best of all, they feature all this goodness on a massive 28 inch round pizza
dsc_0216.jpg

Pizza straight from the oven at Longboard Legends. (Hawaiian hippy-surf village of Paia on Maui’s north shore)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom