Is pineapple on pizza acceptable?

Putting pineapple on pizza is like putting anchovies in a dry martini....it just isn't right .....:happy::happy::happy:...pepperoni...sausage...vegetables..anchovies (On pizza)..mushrooms...etc....etc...no fruit.....

You don't use tomato in any form on pizza? I think you might like a fig, gorgonzola and proscuitto combination.

Last edited:
You don't use tomato in any form on pizza? I think you might like a fig, gorgonzola and proscuitto combination.

"Pizza e fichi" it's an ancient Roman pizza. Originally it was a simple flat bread ( focaccia base) with oil, figs and prosciutto finely cut mostly eaten as snack. Then has come other variations like adding gorgonzola, but I don't like with it. (Honestly, neither with figs).
Curiously nowaday in Roma pizza e fichi is not so common.

Last edited:
"Pizza e fichi" it's an ancient Roman pizza. Originally it was a simple flat bread ( focaccia base) with oil, figs and prosciutto finely cut mostly eaten as snack. Then has come other variations like adding gorgonzola, but I don't like with it. (Honestly, neither with figs).
Curiosity nowaday in Roma pizza e fichi is not so common.

I guess my sense of humor got lost. The majority of pizza in the US has some form of tomato on it. Tomatoes being considered a fruit and Dados1950 implied that pizza shouldn't have fruit on it.

I guess my sense of humor got lost. The majority of pizza in the US has some form of tomato on it. Tomatoes being considered a fruit and Dados1950 implied that pizza shouldn't have fruit on it.

I did get your humour! People forget that tomatoes and olives are fruits. And both are commonly found on pizzas everywhere. It reminds me of once when I was hosting a recipe competition on another forum and set the challenge as 'vegetarian'. Loads of members said they would never eat a meal without meat. Yet it transpired they would happily eat Mac 'n Cheese or icecream or apple pie or Egg Florentine and so on!

Arguably one of the most divisive food-related debates: the question of whether pineapple is an appropriate pizza topping is a controversial one. In this report in The Independent, Chef's were asked their views. Here are some extracts - the full report is here: pizza-pineapple-is-it-acceptable-chefs-expert-opinion-a8074571.html

What do you think? Personally I hate the idea of any fruit on a pizza unless its sultanas or raisins on a Veneziana Pizza (Pizza Express).

Yes, I do like and i have tasted this toooo... It taste very different especially.

Back
Top Bottom