Is pineapple on pizza acceptable?

@Rocklobster

I prepare a salad with blue cheese, pears, walnuts, rocket, endive, red onion, radicchio and kress .. And a simple Sherry or Champagne Vinaigrette with Italian or Tarragona Bio ecological Green Evoo. It is lovely .. Sometimes just with endive ..

For myself, pineapple is not acceptable on pizza. I love olives etc too much.

The pizza of my childhood in Australia were little restaurants, proper.

Garlic bread, pizza, salad, and pre portioned & chocolate dipped semifreddo & gelato were the limits of the menu, maybe a fettuccine carbonara.

The proprietors were always Italian immigrants.

Ham & Pineapple was always a menu item, named Hawaiian. Usually viewed as being for kids.

If you were local & a frequent visitor the man might offer the adults a glass of red, usually a home made rough red.

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, I do cheese boards with cheese and fruit and eat an Italian Blue Vein cheese from Livorno, Tuscany which is made with cherries .. It is amazing.

I agree with you regarding pineapple on pizza .. It is for tourists and they pay for it -- and so be it ..

Have a lovely evening ..

@Sandra

Just very traditional when it comes to my pizzas and I like pineapple however, never on a Pizza .. And I rarely eat Pizza in Barcelona .. Every year, my husband and I travel to a different part of Italia .. We rarely eat pizza outside of Italy and never trends. Always very traditional Pizza .. I like anchovies and olives on my Quattro Stagione or a Mozzarella di Bufala Margharita with Basil and Evoo and fresh tomato .. Or simply a Genovese / Ligurian Focaccia ..

Have a lovely day ..

Ham and pineapple pizza, Hawaiin apparently, anyone ever been to Hawaii and had a ham and pineapple pizza?

I've never been to Hawaii but I've tasted pizza with pineapple in a tourist restaurant/pizzeria in Roma...I'm a very curious person and before to say something about a recipe, I have to eat it....and I don't like the taste of hawaian pizza. In fact I have eaten first pizza base with ham and then pineapple pieces.

I think the discussion of "proper" or "authentic" is moot. I have seen desert pizza with an assortment of fruit and I have seen Hawaiian pizza with ham and pineapple. I have not tried either so I have no idea about the sauce.

Because of our abundance of fresh seafood local Pizzerias serve an assortment of seafood pizza. None claim to be "Authentic" Italian pizza. They are local interpretations of a great food. Personally I prefer a thin crust with a limited number of ingredients that complement each other. I want to taste and enjoy each ingredient I do not like over loaded pizza. The flavors become muddled.

I frequently take liberties with traditional Cajun dishes. Adding my personal touch.

Cooking is an art and food is a labor of love - whatever floats your boat.

I think the discussion of "proper" or "authentic" is moot. I have seen desert pizza with an assortment of fruit and I have seen Hawaiian pizza with ham and pineapple. I have not tried either so I have no idea about the sauce.

Because of our abundance of fresh seafood local Pizzerias serve an assortment of seafood pizza. None claim to be "Authentic" Italian pizza. They are local interpretations of a great food. Personally I prefer a thin crust with a limited number of ingredients that complement each other. I want to taste and enjoy each ingredient I do not like over loaded pizza. The flavors become muddled.

I frequently take liberties with traditional Cajun dishes. Adding my personal touch.

Cooking is an art and food is a labor of love - whatever floats your boat.

@ElizabethB

" Whatever floats your boat " .. This is a gem of a proverb Elizabeth and what ever you wish to spend on what ever floats your boat !!!

Exemplary commentary ..

I too, like a crisp thin crust preferably Wood burning oven.

All my best for a lovely day ..

Rome and then drove up West coast to Florence and Sienna (stayed in San Gimignano) then to the lakes then back to Rome. It was wonderful but a very long time ago. Sienna was my favourite place but that was then. It really is a lifetime ago. :ohmy:

A very nice trip anyway! Siena a gem, San Gimignano as well..

A very nice trip anyway! Siena a gem, San Gimignano as well..
Just working it out. Today is my 66th birthday and this trip was when I was 25 - so 41 years ago. Blimey!!!

To get back on topic, I still remember the pizza I ate on the Piazza in Rome and it was certainly without pineapple!

Just working it out. Today is my 66th birthday and this trip was when I was 25 - so 41 years ago. Blimey!!!

To get back on topic, I still remember the pizza I ate on the Piazza in Rome and it was certainly without pineapple!

:ohmy: Is your B-DAY Today?! Happy birthday @morning glory :okay::bravo::birthday:cheers to you!!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom