Is there a Food That You Don't Like, But Think You Should

@morning glory - for me, it's the pineapple that clashes with the tomato sauce. It tastes way off to me. Additionally, I don't really like hot fruit. Any kind of baked fruit dessert, I usually eat at room temperature.
I don't believe there is tomato sauce on it. It is usually a white pizza. (my favorite)

I don't believe there is tomato sauce on it. It is usually a white pizza. (my favorite)
Not where I'm from and not any one I've ever seen - tomato sauce, mozz, ham, and pineapple.

From Wikipedia:

"Hawaiian pizza is a pizza topped with tomato sauce, cheese, pineapple, and back bacon or ham."

Just google "Hawaiian pizza" and look at the images - red sauce.

I'd probably like it better with a white sauce.

That is the difference. DH does not order me an Hawaiian pizza. He gets a pizza with white sauce and ................sometimes it's mushrooms and onions. lol

As far as food I don't like, and really don't know if I should like it, is clams. And I guess oysters, squid, escargot.

DH does not like mushrooms and there is nothing I can do to change his mind. Darn it.

Rhubarb! Definitely Rhubarb!:laugh:

It's so pretty and looks gorgeous in dishes, like Jamie Oliver makes the Rhubarb look so amazing
If only the actual taste of it was that great! :thumbsdown::D

Rhubarb is divine in my world. What is not to like... maybe you don't like sour tastes?
I love sour tastes, but I don't like rhubarb much. We used to grow it when I was a kid and my mom used it a lot, but I never developed a taste for it.

Rhubarb! Definitely Rhubarb!
You just haven't had any fresh good rhubarb. It's wonderful. The difference is the same as strawberries fresh from the field (pyo) compared with off the shelf in a supermarket.
We grow our own as a result. Shop bought just doesn't have a patch on home grown.

You just haven't had any fresh good rhubarb. It's wonderful. The difference is the same as strawberries fresh from the field (pyo) compared with off the shelf in a supermarket.
We grow our own as a result. Shop bought just doesn't have a patch on home grown.

Yip, mum grew it and it was a treat at times, custard and sugar and cream, now I'm hungry.

Russ

Yip, mum grew it and it was a treat at times, custard and sugar and cream, now I'm hungry.

Russ
My hubby's family stew it, no sugar and eat as is. Over the years I've come to prefer it that way else it is a rhubarb crumble no sugar on the fruit, only in the crumble topping toppings only demerara sugar so you have a really nice crunch contrasting the softness of the rhubarb.

I'm probably going to be spanked for this, but I think I'm the only one who likes pineapple on pizza.

*hides*
You don't need to hide, but you need to go sit by yourself at the far end of the table and think about what you just said, young lady, and when you're ready to apologize, you can come back. :D

Seriously, I'll do you one better; my dad likes no pizza at all. The only time I've ever heard my dad say a "bad" word was when we were bugging him about stopping for pizza (we'd never had it before) and he finally shouted, "SHUT UP! WE'RE NOT GETTING PIZZA! IT SMELLS LIKE SOMEBODY SH*T IN THE OVEN!" :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom