Italian cooking

I cook this dish in the regularly in the winter as wild boar is easy to obtain here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_IT1KkGTM&ab_channel=RogierStrobbe

Exactly what I have been saying he came from the South of Italy.
When he moved north with his family ( he was about seven months old, when the family moved to Castelnuovo Belbo, a small village in Piedmont) , How much cooking did you learn in your first 7 month of life ?

Recipe - Fried Milk Cream Morsels

Fried Milk Cream, Crema di Latte Fritta aka Crema Fritta in Italian, indicates small morsels made of custard cream rather firm, breaded and fried. It’s typical of many Italian regions, and depending on the geographical area it can be served as a savoury antipasto, side dish or dessert.

Typical of Emilia Romagna (crema fritta bolognese), Veneto (crema fritta veronese), Liguria (latte dolce fritto) Marche and Abruzzo but is also widespread in other regions of Central Italy. In Le Marche region you may find it also in a savoury version, eaten along with a mixture of fried olives ( Olive all'Ascolana) , vegetables as part of the Ascolana mixed fried food, 'Fritto all'Ascolana'.
All'Ascolana refers to Ascoli Piceno town in Le Marche region, Central Italy.

Recipe - Aubergine Chocolate Cake

Aubergine Chocolate Cake is typical of Campania, a region in the South of Italy, and comes specifically from a scenic part of the shoreline known as Costiera Amalfitana. Amalfi Coastline.

The combo aubergine-chocolate is quite ancient and it is also used in Calabria, where especially on the day of Ferragosto (15th August), a cake were – and still is – prepared by alternating layers of fried aubergines with chocolate and candied orange, almonds or walnuts, citrus fruit peels, cinnamon. We could consider it as a sort of sweet aubergine Parmigiana.

The final result is a smooth, moist cake that you can also serve cold. You can also swap the candied orange for any other candied fruit of your choice.

spaghetti-with-marinara-sauce

Marinara sauce is one of the simplest pasta sauce there could be: made only with garlic, dried oregano and EVOO all combined in a tomato sauce (or fresh tomatoes).
This recipe comes from Campania, a Southern Italian region that is indeed famous for its exceptionally good tomatoes.

Marinara Sauce was born in the 1700s and afterwards also gave birth to the namesake Pizza Marinara which, needless to say, has the same ingredients.
It must be said that this sauce has nothing to do with the sea itself and its seafood although the name may be misleading as it contains the Italian word 'Mare' – 'Sea' in English.
The Neapolitan sailors (Marinai, in Italian) left for long journeys across the sea, they needed to bring with them ingredients that would have last over time and easy to find, namely tomato, garlic and oregano to fill their flat breads.

For this reason, Marinara Sauce has to do with sailors (Marinai) and not with seafood.

Last edited:
I bought some of this today, for a Christmas lunch project. Is it any good, MypinchofItaly?
View attachment 52490

Uh, prosciutto crudo stagionato, good choice! I don’t remember to have had this in particular though, anyway I have the feeling (or the hope) that it might be good as it’s from Parma 🙃

Back
Top Bottom