Italian Food

IMG-20170612-WA0006.jpg

My version of insalata caprese: tomato, mozzarella, Basil and cucumber with a bit of poppy seeds.

The main was saltimbocca (?) normally served with salad but we asked for vegetables instead, we shared a slice of tiramasu and washed it down with a bottle of prosecco for something different.

Yes saltimbocca alla romana...good. My hubby sometimes cooks them for me (He is from Roma).
Tiramisù :hyper:
Prosecco :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I also like and make Spaghetti ala Puttanesca - of course with home grown tomatoes. The capers, anchovies and Kalamata Olives combine beautifully with the tomatoes, onions and garlic. There is such a beautiful, multi layered depth of flavor.

I love it too - but I'm sure the 'authentic' version (if there is such a thing) doesn't have onions. That is part of its beauty - it can be made in a few minutes because there is no need to chop and cook onions.

I love Osso Bucco.
I have never made it - it could be a good one for the Cookalong although the price could be an issue.

Veal Parmesan, eggplant parmesan, Fettuccini Alfredo. Living so close to the Gulf of Mexico I have access to lots of wonderful, fresh seafood. I am very fond of Fettuccini Alfredo with either fresh oysters, Gulf shrimp or lump white meat from our Blue Point crabs. I serve it with a salad and fresh bread with a crunchy crust from a local Artisan Bakery - a side dish becomes a meal. .

I live quite close to the coast too but the sad truth is unless I actually drive to the coast (Whitstable is nearest which has seafood and is, which is about 40mins) then its supermarket fish only around here. No fishmongers left in Maidstone. :( You are very lucky to be able to source all that wonderful seafood.

That is soup? It looks very thick indeed! Forgive me as I am probably not used to Tuscan style soup.

Yes that is a tomato soup but it isn't like a classic watery soup. It's a kind of mush, bread makes it a little bit thick.

That is soup? It looks very thick indeed! Forgive me as I am probably not used to Tuscan style soup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom