Italian Food

For lunch today I've prepared Orecchiette con le cime di rapa. It is not a dish I often prepare, but when I find the cime di rapa I can not resist it ..Orecchiette (little ears) is a typical fresh pasta from Puglia, a south region well-know as the heel of Italy.
They can be cooked in so many ways, but usually in Italy when you say Orecchiette, immediately we associate (at least mentally) the broccoli rabe/cime di rapa.
I prepare them as Puglia traditional recipe, remembering the advice of my dad who is from Puglia..even if sometimes I call him again and ask for advice.

Orecchiette cime di rapa.jpg

Recipe - Orecchiette con le cime di rapa

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, the T shirt in my picture was from one I took at a vendor's table at the San Gennaro festival in NYC's Little Italy a few years ago. I so rarely get to use it; this seemed like a good time. :thankyou:

Actually, I know very little Italian.

Mostly because they're short...

Lol, just kidding. I'll go now.:wacky:

And in fact it is immediately understood that it is the typical shirt tailored to the festival of san gennaro :D....
"They are short...." mmm..i.e., you mean of low stature? :D

hi everyone, I went in London a week ago and I've eaten at an Italian restaurant "Lamezia". The owns were Italian people very friendly but the food were not good. I asked a dish of "Parmigiana di aubergine" and in the dish there was a lot of salade and just a little slice of aubergine . The owns have been there for 20 years and I think they have forgotten how to cook or maybe they try to adapt the food to the locals. . It's a miracle to found good Italian food in the restaurants even if they are Italian restaurants.

hi everyone, I went in London a week ago and I've eaten at an Italian restaurant "Lamezia". The owns were Italian people very friendly but the food were not good. I asked a dish of "Parmigiana di aubergine" and in the dish there was a lot of salade and just a little slice of aubergine . The owns have been there for 20 years and I think they have forgotten how to cook or maybe they try to adapt the food to the locals. . It's a miracle to found good Italian food in the restaurants even if they are Italian restaurants.

Welcome back! London...I simply love it.
Anyway, that's one of the reason why I never go to the Italian restaurants abroad. And then, because I like to eat at the restaurant in the cities where I am, I like to test cuisine I don't know.

I also went to a Greek restaurant , a Turkish restaurant an English pub where I've eaten a very good hamburgher with chips and I've eaten fish and chips in a restaurant in Nothing Hill where the the frying is great.

Lovely Notting Hill. I go in London every year and is always fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom