caseydog

Local time
3:30 PM
Like most Italian Americans, I love Italian sausage, peppers and onions. My favorite way to make it, just happens to be kebabs over charcoal and wood.

No real recipe. Italian sausage (hot or sweet, your choice). Bell peppers. Onions.

I skewer everything and drizzle with olive oil, and season with black pepper and granulated garlic. On the grill it goes.

Tonight I mixed apple wood with my charcoal. Apple smoke is good with pork.

ItalKonGrill.jpg

Like most Italian Americans, I love Italian sausage, peppers and onions. My favorite way to make it, just happens to be kebabs over charcoal and wood.

No real recipe. Italian sausage (hot or sweet, your choice). Bell peppers. Onions.

I skewer everything and drizzle with olive oil, and season with black pepper and granulated garlic. On the gri it goes.

Tonight I mixed apple wood with my charcoal. Apple smoke is good with pork.

View attachment 38432
I'd be in such a hurry to eat those, I'd probably my mouth on the skewers. :laugh:

caseydog

Looks lovely.
Post a recipe to enter the composition.
A recipe for Kabobs is more about preparation and dips or sauces. Anyone can put food on a stick. Share your uniqueness.

How delicious!

caseydog

Looks lovely.
Post a recipe to enter the composition.
A recipe for Kabobs is more about preparation and dips or sauces. Anyone can put food on a stick. Share your uniqueness.

It looks as if all the ingredients are listed in the top post and I can understand that, in this case, its probably not worth writing it up as a formal recipe.

This I like, we did something similar with Sword fish when I was a young girl in Naples; good does not have to be complicated. I will try these.

I didn't do a formal recipe, because I didn't use a recipe to make this. But, to be officially "entered..."

- Italian sausage (hot, mild, sweet -- whatever floats your boat), cut into pieces -- any size that suits your fancy
- Bell peppers, any color, cut up into pieces
- Onion, white or yellow -- or red if you want... oh yeah, cut up into pieces
- One "drizzle" of olive oil
- A few "shakes" of black pepper and granulated garlic -- as much or as little as you like

Put everything on skewers, in any order you like.

Cook on a grill, I used charcoal and apple wood. A gas grill works if that's what you have.

Follow my instructions EXACTLY, or this won't work. :bbq::D

CD

Was everything done at the same time?

LOL, no. But, it could have been done in any order.

This is my favorite kind of cooking. No recipe, just grab a bunch of ingredients you know well, and toss it together to make something that tastes good.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my rather flippant comments about this, but this is how I like to cook.

CD

I think maybe Craig meant did you cook the onions & peppers first or something. It was mentioned that one issue with kebabs is that the skewered items can take different times to cook.

Ah, I didn't think of that.

I did "cook" everything on the skewers at one time. Meat onions and bell peppers are pretty "kebab friendly," from my experience. The onions and peppers can hang in there with the meat, as long as you don't go nuts with your fire.

When I do kebabs that include things like mushrooms, and especially cherry tomatoes, I always do them on separate skewers. They cook so much faster than any meat. I won't even cook shrimp on the same spikes as tomatoes.

CD

Back
Top Bottom