It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

Our plant is officially dead :(
We bought a pink one from the garden centre, so fingers crossed.
Is this the plant that you just bought?
If so, I would take it back for a refund or exchange.
I know that alot of Garden Centers here in the USA would do that, if you have the receipt of purchase that is.

Is this the plant that you just bought?
If so, I would take it back for a refund or exchange.
I know that alot of Garden Centers here in the USA would do that, if you have the receipt of purchase that is.

We got it from the supermarket last week, could not be bothered to mess about to be honest.

Not many houses decorated but it is still early,

I've got about six stocking stuffers wrapped and three proper presents under the tree.

I've also got my simple Christmas Day menu sorted:

Standing rib roast
Roast potatoes
Green bean gratin
Yorkshire puddings
Gravy
Mustard-horseradish sauce
Spice cake

I've got about six stocking stuffers wrapped and three proper presents under the tree.

Standing rib roast
Roast potatoes
Green bean gratin
Yorkshire puddings
Gravy
Spice cake

Our lunch is always the same.
Although daughter offered to buy the Turkey breast roast as her contribution to xmas. I gladly accepted as we cant find one atm.

Russ

Standing rib roast
Roast potatoes
Green bean gratin
Yorkshire puddings
Gravy
Spice cake
We are having beef cheeks - see my recipe from a few weeks ago. I chose a menu with very little last minute work so I can enjoy the meal too.

Despite going to 3 places we are still lightless.

Russ
I add lights every year. I already know what I'm doing next year.

The department stores start putting out Christmas items around the third week in October, though they're not really fully stocked until about the second week of November.

That means, for those three weeks, I'm in there every two or three days, checking for whatever lights I need, because if you wait...those lights will get stocked and sold out in about three days' time, then you're stuck waiting for the next shipment. That's especially problematic this year (and last).

Back
Top Bottom