Jubilee Special Edition Foods

I also noticed that Heinz is calling them "limited edition" condiments.
That really makes me cringe!!
Firstly, because Salad cream is not exactly a prized gourmet product - they make over 700,000 bottles a week, so it´s not like it´s going to be very "limited". Secondly, I´d associate a "limited edition" with something intrinsically valuable: an antique, a work of art, a bottle of whisky, etc. - not something to slap on a sarnie.
Finally, because the marketers are overstepping their limits. Don´t try and glamourise something that´s not intrinsically glamourous!

HP sauce and Heinz salad cream are getting a (temporary) makeover:

Heinz unveils 'HM Sauce' and 'Salad Queen' to mark the Platinum Jubilee

Its silly as its only the packaging changing! The contents remain the same. Top marks for the daft names though.

I'm an anglophile but not a monarchist, so I'll be skipping this one. ( I am extremely interested in the Royals, but not because I love them)

I know, heresy!

I'm not a monarchist either.

There is, of course, a competition to establish HM´s Platinum Jubilee Pudding. Entries closed on 2nd April. I believe it was Fortnum & Mason which initiated the competition - and I suppose it´s logical since we Brits (with one exception - me) love our puddings.
The judges are as follows: Platinum Jubilee Pudding
One awaits the astounding, breathtaking results with bated breath....:chef::chef::chef:

Back
Top Bottom