Just venting

I used to go at 6AM on Sundays to avoid all that, but I kind of fell out of that habit. I probably need to start it up again.

The funniest/worst, was being trapped in a line at the checkout, behind a very old couple. The cashier asked if the woman had a shopper's card, and the woman dumped the entire contents of her massive purse onto the conveyor and pulled out card after card:

"Is this it?"

"No, ma'am, that's a credit card."

"Is this it?"

"No, that's your driver's license."

"How about this, is this it?"

"No, that's a pack of gum."

On and on this went, until she finally decided to just open up a new one, so that took a few minutes, then they finally got her groceries scanned through, then it was a whole thing counting the cash to pay for it.

Finally, all done, she starts to wheel away her cart, and her damn husband pulled a candy wrapper out of his pocket and said, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I ate this earlier." - and the way he said it and giggled, I just knew he didn't forget at all, he did it on purpose.

And of course, that started the whole thing over again, including looking for the shopper's card she just got and had already misplaced.

You are reminding me of one of the many reasons I do most food shopping on-line.

You are reminding me of one of the many reasons I do most food shopping on-line.
The weird thing is, I love being in a grocery store. It's just about my favorite place, so online shopping would just kill me.

If it's a good store, I like seeing and chatting with the employees, I like seeing the endcap displays, how the produce looks this week from last week, and even though I always have a list, I love finding a surprise or two impulse purchase (yesterday, I got a $5US roll of Christmas paper for 50 cents).

Plus, I have to get out of the house some days. I work from home a lot, so I don't get out for work, and after a while, I start to get bonkers, and on top of that, I really need a certain amount of time by myself, and the grocery store is the one place where my wife won't tag along. As much as I love it, she hates it. That's why I go to every grocery store in a 40-mile radius. I just like the drive and all that, and comparing one store to the next.

The weird thing is, I love being in a grocery store. It's just about my favorite place, so online shopping would just kill me.

If it's a good store, I like seeing and chatting with the employees, I like seeing the endcap displays, how the produce looks this week from last week, and even though I always have a list, I love finding a surprise or two impulse purchase (yesterday, I got a $5US roll of Christmas paper for 50 cents).

Plus, I have to get out of the house some days. I work from home a lot, so I don't get out for work, and after a while, I start to get bonkers, and on top of that, I really need a certain amount of time by myself, and the grocery store is the one place where my wife won't tag along. As much as I love it, she hates it. That's why I go to every grocery store in a 40-mile radius. I just like the drive and all that, and comparing one store to the next.

I too get out and go to the supermarket near me, by my self, to look at the international section (quite big actually) and see what's new, plus I always run into someone I know, a few I avoid,lol. And I might buy a few treats. We would make a good tag team, lmao

Russ

I'm not used to vent especially on-line, but I am really annoyed when people who don't know things, then ridicolise what others people know when this latter ones only try to say and not to teach. I guess those who ridicolise do a childish tentative to have attention or most probably, to provoke only for the joy of it, or just to hide their deep ignorance. I only can see how much silliness and useless lack of time and energy this take.

Can I vent please?

After 3 or 4 days of being able to breath again, being able to open windows and doors, of being able to go outside without a mask on... the smoke is back.
It woke me around 3am with a bad asthma attack. We had all the windows and doors open. It wasn't due back. the forecast wind direction wasn't SE or even a Southerly, but back it is ... and I'm back to being confined inside, back to not being able to breath, back to having to don a mask or respirator just to let my chooks out, back to living indoors AND I'M FED UP OF IT. Grrrr......rrr

Can I vent please?

After 3 or 4 days of being able to breath again, being able to open windows and doors, of being able to go outside without a mask on... the smoke is back.
It woke me around 3am with a bad asthma attack. We had all the windows and doors open. It wasn't due back. the forecast wind direction wasn't SE or even a Southerly, but back it is ... and I'm back to being confined inside, back to not being able to breath, back to having to don a mask or respirator just to let my chooks out, back to living indoors AND I'M FED UP OF IT. Grrrr......rrr

I hate being inside when it's a nice day. Media here has it not as bad as it appears, everyone thought the rain had dampened things down.?? Hope it gives you clear air soon.

Russ

I hate being inside when it's a nice day. Media here has it not as bad as it appears, everyone thought the rain had dampened things down.?? Hope it gives you clear air soon.

Russ
I understand from the media here that north of Sydney where they have actually had rain that it has dampened things down but here where we have had only 5mm of rain in the entire month so far (that's at my have from my digital weather station) it has been nowhere near enough to even dampen anything other than the top layer of dirt. Scratch the surface and it is dry below. That isn't going to put any fire out let alone stop new ones from happening as this week in Canberra has shown with the fire closing Canberra airport on Thursday.
That fire was started by the gales blowing over power lines. Everything is unshielded paver cables here the same as England (but not Scotland)

The coast and mountains have had more rain but those fires are still producing a lot of smoke and It was dark smoke not white smoke. We were over that way last night on the drive home from the airport. Hubby also commented that the plane have from Melbourne didn't (for obvious reasons) follow the usual flight path between Canberra and Melbourne. Instead it followed the Hume Highway between the highest part of the mountain range and going around the fires.

Media just report what they feel is significant and that for all sorts of reasons, is not the capital of Australia! (says the person who had to lookup Canberra when hubby first mentioned living here (after he had also looked it up))

Our colleague at our other branch defies the laws of common sense, the petty cash reconciliation is fine, I have pointed out an error and she now informs me that her tin is out so maybe that is why :meh: :facepalm:

Our colleague at our other branch defies the laws of common sense, the petty cash reconciliation is fine, I have pointed out an error and she now informs me that her tin is out so maybe that is why :meh: :facepalm:

I worked in a large company many years ago, we were in a sales meeting when the manager asked me what I thought of his style of leadership, I replied, I'll let you know when I see it. Everyone held back laughing. We never got on before the meeting or after the meeting. The guy was an idiot. He was moved to a smaller branch about 6 months later.

Russ

Just a small vent:

We got an email this morning from our favorite winery (out-of-state, four hours' drive away), saying that with everything going on, they were having a wine sale, free shipping and 30% off each case of wine.

MrsTasty and I talked about it, and agreed we should order a case. I was going to go ahead and order it online, choosing our usual favorites, but she insisted on being in on the choosing. Fine, no bother to me, I'll drink whatever gets ordered.

So I started doing something else, something I needed to concentrate on, and then it started:

"Well, what do you want?"

"You know what we always get, just get a few bottles of each to make up a case, I don't care."

Then she started reading them out loud:

"Riesling... Gewurtztraminer..."

"I'm really trying to concentrate on this, can you just order whatever you want, please. It'll be fine."

"Sure."

30 seconds later:

"They have semi-sweet and semi-dry Rieslings. Which one do we want?"

"It really doesn't matter. Just order a couple of both. Seriously, quit interrupting me. Please!"

15 seconds later:

"They also say they have a black Riesling."

"FINE!!! GET IT!!!"

"Ok, ok, I'll leave you alone! Geez!"

60 seconds later:

"Ok, this is what I ha-"

🤦🏻‍♂️ "What. Don't you get. About. LEAVE ME ALONE?!?!" 🤦🏻‍♂️

"Whatever. I'll just order it!"

30 seconds later:

"They want me to send a picture of my driver's license. What should I do?"

😡 "ARGHHHHHH!" 😡

Just a small vent:

We got an email this morning from our favorite winery (out-of-state, four hours' drive away), saying that with everything going on, they were having a wine sale, free shipping and 30% off each case of wine.

MrsTasty and I talked about it, and agreed we should order a case. I was going to go ahead and order it online, choosing our usual favorites, but she insisted on being in on the choosing. Fine, no bother to me, I'll drink whatever gets ordered.

So I started doing something else, something I needed to concentrate on, and then it started:

"Well, what do you want?"

"You know what we always get, just get a few bottles of each to make up a case, I don't care."

Then she started reading them out loud:

"Riesling... Gewurtztraminer..."

"I'm really trying to concentrate on this, can you just order whatever you want, please. It'll be fine."

"Sure."

30 seconds later:

"They have semi-sweet and semi-dry Rieslings. Which one do we want?"

"It really doesn't matter. Just order a couple of both. Seriously, quit interrupting me. Please!"

15 seconds later:

"They also say they have a black Riesling."

"FINE!!! GET IT!!!"

"Ok, ok, I'll leave you alone! Geez!"

60 seconds later:

"Ok, this is what I ha-"

🤦🏻‍♂️ "What. Don't you get. About. LEAVE ME ALONE?!?!" 🤦🏻‍♂️

"Whatever. I'll just order it!"

30 seconds later:

"They want me to send a picture of my driver's license. What should I do?"

😡 "ARGHHHHHH!" 😡

I feel for ya. Sometimes we need to be alone. Here, I just disappear upstairs.

Russ

I feel for ya. Sometimes we need to be alone. Here, I just disappear upstairs.

Russ
I had to laugh, because I got fed up and went outside. I got the patio furniture out, I pulled some weeds, I let the dog run around...I was out nearly 30 minutes.

I walked back in, and I didn't even get the door pulled shut behind me, and:

"UPS said with everything going on, delivery might take longer than usual."

Didn't miss a beat. It was like I never left the room. :laugh:

I had to laugh, because I got fed up and went outside. I got the patio furniture out, I pulled some weeds, I let the dog run around...I was out nearly 30 minutes.

I walked back in, and I didn't even get the door pulled shut behind me, and:

"UPS said with everything going on, delivery might take longer than usual."

Didn't miss a beat. It was like I never left the room. :laugh:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your place,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom