Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer question

I was so astounded when I saw the price on it that I was pulling out my credit card and hubby stopped me to give me his. He had been pricing them for my xmas present and they were significantly more expensive than what that one cost. I told him I wanted the pasta attachment and that amounted to about the extra $$ he would have spent on the mixer so he was agreeable (plus he is of Italian descent and could eat pasta every day, LOL).

So when it arrived, it was missing the flat beater and only came with the dough hook and the bowl (and of course the side order contained the pasta accessories). I called Target and the CSA on the phone asked me to go into Kitchen Aid's site and tell her how much they were, so she credited that amount back to hubby's credit card and also sent me a $15 Target e-gift card for my troubles. I ordered the missing accessory and also got a pastry beater attachment (from the kitchenaid.com site). So I am indeed a happy camper! I couldn't believe how easy it was to make pizza dough last night. Can't wait to make bread!

I bought my KA mixer from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $75. It was a display unit. It had no box, and was missing the beaters (although it had the dough hook). They wanted over 100 bucks for it (I don't recall hom much). I made them an offer, and they took it. I bought the two beaters for 15 bucks each from KA. So, I got a new KA mixer, never used, with a full warranty for $105.

Target is another good souce of deals like that.

CD

I bought my KA mixer from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $75. It was a display unit. It had no box, and was missing the beaters (although it had the dough hook). They wanted over 100 bucks for it (I don't recall hom much). I made them an offer, and they took it. I bought the two beaters for 15 bucks each from KA. So, I got a new KA mixer, never used, with a full warranty for $105.

Target is another good souce of deals like that.

CD
That would require actually going into a store. And talking to people directly. In person. But what a fantastic score!

Thanks. I was trying to do that on my phone last night but I couldn't get it to attach. I meant to get to that today...

You can do it on your computer, if you want. All you have to do is download, paste & copy a pic to a folder, name it Pictures., click on the Attach files in the lower left, find it there, click the Insert button, enlarge the image & it's there. Like this;

:whistling:

You can do it on your computer, if you want. All you have to do is download, paste & copy a pic to a folder, name it Pictures., click on the Attach files in the lower left, find it there, click the Insert button, enlarge the image & it's there. Like this;View attachment 77004
:whistling:
I was on my phone.

Bought it through the restaurant and saved some money and I wasn't going to buy another kitchen aid.
I know what you mean! I wasn't going to say anything negative to anyone, but I've lost both my love & respect for KA mixers because when Whirlpool bought the division from Hobart, they cheapened the machines by adding inferior parts in the machinery, causing them to fail too prematurely. I once considered KA mixers to be the Cadillac of all mixers, but not now I now give that title to Globe. Even though their mixers are made in China, they are made pretty decent & are put together better!!! I'm not downing anyone who buys a KA mixer, but I just won't any more. I have one that I painted orange & don't use it. I just wanted to give it another color. I once had the 2 Hobart-made models. :whistling:

Last edited:
I told him I wanted the pasta attachment and that amounted to about the extra $$ he would have spent on the mixer so he was agreeable (plus he is of Italian descent and could eat pasta every day, LOL).
Congrats on your new purchase! :D
I have the pasta attachment for mine and I think its great - far far easier to use than the manual Imperia pasta machine I had before.

That's probably the one she meant. They are very popular. I have one, too.

I've thought about getting the KA attachment, but I just don't know that I would use it more than a few times, and then have it take up space in my pantry for years.

CD

Yeah, that is like what Vitamix has. They came out with a food processor attachment for their Ascent series line of blenders. but I already have a Cuisinart food processor, so no, I won't be getting that. :whistling:

Last edited:
You mean like THIS? I have one like this. :whistling:
View attachment 77147

Yep looks like the one I used to have:
71tMTRGP+CL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

It made fine pasta, but it was just so awkward to use that I hardly ever used it....you needed one hand to turn it, another to guide the pasta in, and another to guide it out (I know professionals can do the last two one-handed....but I can't). Plus it never stayed properly clamped to the worktop so ideally you needed a 4th hand to hold it steady when it started to move.

That's probably the one she meant. They are very popular. I have one, too.

I've thought about getting the KA attachment, but I just don't know that I would use it more than a few times, and then have it take up space in my pantry for years.

CD
The good news is that the KA pasta attachment is a much smaller box than the pasta machine so takes up less room in the cupboard :okay:
I've also found that because its easier to use I actually use it much more more.

So for me, its a win-win :D

Back
Top Bottom