Kitchen gadgets or other kitchenware you own but never use

Here's mine. It was given to me, & I've used it a few times!! The person who gave it to me, he never used it!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Electric frying pan - used to use it all the time - it was very versatile. It might have been called a multi-cooker and was made by Sunbeam.
Pressure cooker - have never used it - I got it to replace another one which stopped working because the rubber ring from the inside of the lid got damaged or something, but I never did manage to figure out how to use the new one. Like the frying pan, I used the old one all the time, but I got out of the way of using a pressure cooker.
Egg poacher - a gift several years ago from my love-to-give-gadgets-for-Christmas-and-birthdays son. I used it a few times, but it cooks multiple eggs at a time and I'm usually just needing to poach one at a time. The egg also took a long time to cook.
Small George Foreman Grill - haven't really needed to use it recently, but did use it quite a lot at one stage.
Waffle machine - another present from the above-mentioned family member - have never used it.
Soup maker - as above - I don't do soup for large numbers - cup-a-soup does me fine.
Air fryer - as above, received this past Christmas - haven't had time to try it out.
What I would really like is a round-to-it.

Electric frying pan - used to use it all the time - it was very versatile. It might have been called a multi-cooker and was made by Sunbeam.
Pressure cooker - have never used it .

Electric Frying Pan = dorm room kitchen. I got pretty good with mine back in college.

CD

Electric Frying Pan = dorm room kitchen. I got pretty good with mine back in college.

CD
I had an iron and a microwave? Both worked fine (iron for grilled cheese sandwiches)...

Cheese slicer. Either it's useless or I am useless at using it. I've had it for decades and misused it twice - once for cheese and once for tinned ham. I now just use a knife or "grate" cheese in a food chopper.

Garlic press. Much too springy to work efficiently. I now either "smash" or slice garlic or chop/puree it in an electric chopper.

I’ve never found a garlic press that wasn’t more trouble than it’s worth. Works half-assed and hard to clean besides.

I usually just crush it with my knife or grate it on a microplane.

Cheese slicer. Either it's useless or I am useless at using it. I've had it for decades and misused it twice - once for cheese and once for tinned ham. I now just use a knife or "grate" cheese in a food chopper.

I have one of those. I occasionally use it, but it’s fairly unnecessary. I usually just use my knife.

Garlic press. Much too springy to work efficiently. I now either "smash" or slice garlic or chop/puree it in an electric chopper.

I think I still own one I've used once.

Yep.

Back
Top Bottom