Lefty or righty?

One year for Christmas my mom told me she want a new pair of scissors. Left handed, of course. That's all she wants???? A pair of scissors??? I soon found out that really good sewing scissors are seriously expensive, and left-handed ones were even more expensive (that makes no sense, but it is what it is).

It is also a mystery to me why a right handed person can't use left handed scissors, but I've tried, and it just doesn't work.

CD

Aren’t they just. They say they are more expensive simply down to economies of scale.

They have come down in price a lot recently to be more inline with right handed scissors but I still keep my dressmaking scissors well hidden after discovering one of my darling boys using them to cut wires 😆

I have absolutely no idea.
It’s easy to check.

6237C2E3-586C-4B4B-882A-2222FAD314B8.jpeg

With both eyes open, center this triangular opening on a distant object — such as a wall clock or door knob. Close your left eye. If the object stays centered, your right eye (the one that's open) is your dominant eye. If the object is no longer framed by your hands, your left eye is your dominant eye.

what SandwichShortOfAPicnic said above.
They teach you this at the firing range to determine your dominant eye for accuracy.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm what is called "mixed handed" - meaning I use certain one of my hands for certain tasks.
As to which is my dominant eye, I'm Left eyed.

I don’t think anyone except the corporate masochists who dictate this bull💩 like it.

Thankfully, my location is a mix of three schemes - assigned cubicles (me), hotel cubicles (you reserve your space the day before), and open seating (first come, first serve.

Of course, we have so few people in on any one day, it really doesn’t matter much. Most employees are “asked” to come in two days a week, though I’m exempt from that for some reason (I do go in one day a week just for solidarity, because it’s highly unpopular and I don’t like my coworkers getting the shaft while I get excused).

When I’m in, I usually go sit in a conference room.

As to using a mouse…I have two (two machines on my desk), so I use one with my left hand and one with my right hand (not at the same time). I think I have the buttons switched, but it’s been so long, I can’t remember.

Did you ever play "Boss Pong?" :devil:

CD

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm what is called "mixed handed" - meaning I use certain one of my hands for certain tasks.
As to which is my dominant eye, I'm Left eyed.
I think that applies to most lefties. I do lots of things with my right hand. I used to be able to write with my right hand fairly well when a teenager because I practiced it, but I don't do that anymore. I bat, use a mouse, and play guitar right handed and can't do them left handed. I can use a knife with either hand among other things, but I still consider myself left handed.

I don’t think anyone except the corporate masochists who dictate this bull💩 like it.

Thankfully, my location is a mix of three schemes - assigned cubicles (me), hotel cubicles (you reserve your space the day before), and open seating (first come, first serve.

Of course, we have so few people in on any one day, it really doesn’t matter much. Most employees are “asked” to come in two days a week, though I’m exempt from that for some reason (I do go in one day a week just for solidarity, because it’s highly unpopular and I don’t like my coworkers getting the shaft while I get excused).

When I’m in, I usually go sit in a conference room.

As to using a mouse…I have two (two machines on my desk), so I use one with my left hand and one with my right hand (not at the same time). I think I have the buttons switched, but it’s been so long, I can’t remember.

I had a customer/friend that is a brilliant doctor, and filthy rich, but has almost zero computer skills. He is a "hunt and peck" guy on a keyboard.

One day, I saw a few of his employees in his office, with 💩-eating grins on their faces. They rearranged the keys on his keyboard. Of course, I had to stick around and see how this played out.

His office had a window next to the door allowing him to see out, and allowing us to see in -- from a safe distance.

He sat down and started to reply to an email, and he was staring at the keyboard and typing with one finger. After about ten minutes, he looked at the monitor before hitting "send."

Of course, what he saw was pure gibberish. The profanity erupted, and we were laughing our a$$es off. :laugh:

CD

With both eyes open, center this triangular opening on a distant object — such as a wall clock or door knob.
Uh-oh…what happens if it’s not centered for either eye? It shifts to the left when my left eye is open, and to the right when my right eye is open.

I guess that means I’m equally awesome out of both eyes…or equally crap (I know which one…)?

Uh-oh…what happens if it’s not centered for either eye? It shifts to the left when my left eye is open, and to the right when my right eye is open.

I guess that means I’m equally awesome out of both eyes…or equally crap (I know which one…)?
I found that test online, and apparently, I’m mixed-eye dominant:

Some people may perform a sighting dominant eye test and find that the visual target is not perfectly aligned with either eye. This may be true with the triangular opening between their hands or with their thumb (depending on which type of sighting test they perform).

I did try the thumb test they described and wasn’t able to blot out the distant object with both eyes open.

I found that test online, and apparently, I’m mixed-eye dominant:

I did try the thumb test they described and wasn’t able to blot out the distant object with both eyes open.

Honestly, the best test is to pick up a camera, and without thinking about it, see which eye you just naturally use to look through the viewfinder. Seriously, do not think about it, just do it.

CD

I am 61 years old, and just started wearing eyeglasses a few months ago. I hate it.

But, my primary camera has an adjustable diopter built into the viewfinder, so I don't have to wear my stinking glasses when I'm taking pictures. Yeah, you pay $6,000 for a camera, it comes with stuff like that. :laugh:

CD

I am 61 years old, and just started wearing eyeglasses a few months ago. I hate it.
I’ve been wearing specs since I was 11, and it never bothered me (I just thought of them as a fashion accessory :laugh: ) until I hit 40 or so and needed bi/trifocals/progressives. Now I hate them!

Back
Top Bottom