Local time
11:34 PM
This is what DH will be making for the cooking game #1

Lemon Shrimp
serves 2 to 4

1 lb. large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 TB. oil
Sweet and Sour Lemon Sauce (recipe to follow)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Preheat the oven to 325F. Butterfly the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate until 5 minutes before cooking. Spread the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden, about 8 minutes.

Place a wok over high heat. When the wok is very hot, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn slightly pink, about 2 min. Pour in the sauce and stir and toss until the sauce glazes the food, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cilantro and pine nuts.

Sweet and Sour Lemon Sauce

1 TB. grated lemon zest
1 TB. finely minced fresh ginger
1/3 cup chicken broth
3 TB. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 TB. thin soy sauce
2 TB. honey
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. Asian chile sauce

Source: "Wok Fast" - Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison

That sounds really good. My wife and I are huge fans of citrus marinades and sauces.
Glad to hear that. DH is out in the kitchen now lining up all the ingredients to make it. He is making a full recipe of the sauce even tho I am only using 15 shrimp. Why? Because he wants to cook his dinner (chicken breast) in half of the sauce. That will be interesting to find out if the sauce is good on both shrimp and chicken.

This is what DH will be making for the cooking game #1

Lemon Shrimp
serves 2 to 4

1 lb. large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 TB. oil
Sweet and Sour Lemon Sauce (recipe to follow)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Preheat the oven to 325F. Butterfly the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate until 5 minutes before cooking. Spread the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden, about 8 minutes.

Place a wok over high heat. When the wok is very hot, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn slightly pink, about 2 min. Pour in the sauce and stir and toss until the sauce glazes the food, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cilantro and pine nuts.

Sweet and Sour Lemon Sauce

1 TB. grated lemon zest
1 TB. finely minced fresh ginger
1/3 cup chicken broth
3 TB. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 TB. thin soy sauce
2 TB. honey
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. Asian chile sauce

Source: "Wok Fast" - Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison

This is what DH made for dinner tonight. He made full sauce recipe even tho I only used 15 shrimp because he wanted to use 1/2 the sauce on his chicken breast. He said his chicken was very good, but I would say the shrimp got a just good rating.

Back
Top Bottom