Recipe Lemon Wheel & Ricotta Pizza

cookieee

Local time
2:49 PM
I was afraid this would happen. Looking up lemon recipes, I found this. Have never made it, but it sure sounds different enough to try. You never know, so if you are looking for ways to use up lemon, this takes 3 of them. lol.

Lemon Wheel & Ricotta Pizza

3 lemons, seeded and sliced crosswise 1/8" thick
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lb. pizza dough
1 1/2 cups fresh Ricotta
1 TB. thyme leaves

In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook lemon slices, 30 seconds; drain; pat dry. Mix sour cream, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Stretch dough to fit oiled baking sheet. Spread with cream mixture; dot with Ricotta. Top with lemon slices and thyme. Bake at 450F until crust is golden, 15 minutes. Broil until lemons are brown in spots; season. Serves 6

Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray mag. Jan. 2012

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:49 AM
I was afraid this would happen. Looking up lemon recipes, I found this. Have never made it, but it sure sounds different enough to try. You never know, so if you are looking for ways to use up lemon, this takes 3 of them. lol.

3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lb. pizza dough
1 1/2 cups fresh Ricotta
1 TB. thyme leaves

In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook lemon slices, 30 seconds; drain; pat dry. Mix sour cream, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Stretch dough to fit oiled baking sheet. Spread with cream mixture; dot with Ricotta. Top with lemon slices and thyme. Bake at 450F until crust is golden, 15 minutes. Broil until lemons are brown in spots; season. Serves 6

Pizza? Would never have thought of this.

Russ

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
7:49 PM

3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lb. pizza dough
1 1/2 cups fresh Ricotta
1 TB. thyme leaves

This is a very unusual recipe. I'm struggling to imagine how it works - I did find this photo on-line. Its a lot of creaminess and lemon and somehow more like a savoury cheesecake. I'm really not sure about it... but maybe someone will make it and report back. If I can I will do so but I'll probably make a small individual pizza so as not to waste ingredients if it doesn't work out.

I like the idea of using the boiled lemon slices. I'll purloin that idea for use in some other recipes of the future!

lemon-wheel--ricotta-pizza.jpg

Soource: https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/lemon-wheel-ricotta-pizza

Local time
Website
absolute0cooking.com
This is making me want to make a pizza with the preserved lime I have, but I will definitely tone down the amount of cream (i.e., probably omit it completely), but I like the idea of citrus on a pizza. Maybe it needs some fish to keep it company?

detroitdad

Über Member
Local time
This is making me want to make a pizza with the preserved lime I have, but I will definitely tone down the amount of cream (i.e., probably omit it completely), but I like the idea of citrus on a pizza. Maybe it needs some fish to keep it company?

I was about to post the same thing lol. I saw this recipe earlier today and it has intrigued me ever since. Colleen and I love citrus based foods. My favorite homemade marinades are all citrus based.

What about using 1.5 limes, 1.5 lemons, and make a salmon pizza?

detroitdad

Über Member
Local time
Instead of cream sauce, what about a bourbon bbq sauce? I have to work Mando OT all weekend. It'll have to wait. I think this will be a future recipe.

Local time
Website
absolute0cooking.com
Instead of cream sauce, what about a bourbon bbq sauce? I have to work Mando OT all weekend. It'll have to wait. I think this will be a future recipe.
I am looking forward to it (and I will also try something myself).

cookieee

Local time
I was about to post the same thing lol. I saw this recipe earlier today and it has intrigued me ever since. Colleen and I love citrus based foods. My favorite homemade marinades are all citrus based.

Oh, I really like that idea. Salmon lover here.

Top Bottom