Lifestyle changes

Walking was a little easier yesterday, so I went for a longer walk. The emergency inhaler makes sure that at least I don't feel like an iron band is wrapped across my lungs while walking, so that's some improvement. Still out of breath a lot while excercising though, this Asthma beast is really difficult to deal with.

I have started to eat more fruit than I used to , and see that it helps me cull the cravings for candy so that's another improvement.
Do you use a nebulizer? I have asthma too and I usually do a treatment before I do something I know will exacerbate it.

Good job on the fruit. It definitely helps me with my sweet cravings (although those have really been tamed by menopause).

Do you use a nebulizer? I have asthma too and I usually do a treatment before I do something I know will exacerbate it.

Good job on the fruit. It definitely helps me with my sweet cravings (although those have really been tamed by menopause).
I use two different inhalers, not a nebulizer. I was only diagnosed in December, so I am still on a journey to find what works.

I use the blue inhaler for when I get out, it improves things a little so far but it doesn't make me breathe entirely freely either.

Reactions: mjd
Doing good. I made meatloaf for dinner. I had a small piece with half a baked potato (a little butter, no sour cream). Got my exercises in also. Spring is here which means my allergies/asthma will go haywire for a bit. I'll try to stay on top of that.

How is everybody doing?

I use two different inhalers, not a nebulizer. I was only diagnosed in December, so I am still on a journey to find what works.

I use the blue inhaler for when I get out, it improves things a little so far but it doesn't make me breathe entirely freely either.
Oh, I see. It might help to keep a journal. Record the date, time, symptoms, activity, which inhaler you used and how you feel. It will help your doctor determine if you need another or additional treatment plan.

I hope you find what works best for you soon. As my doctor says "Breathing is important." ;-)

I am going to cook some more with the help of these lads:

There are six books in this series and I have all six. Just tried out a full meal of theirs today, and it was SO good! That's really motivating to keep going down the leaner route, see if it helps me get some low cal staples in my diet.

Oh, I see. It might help to keep a journal. Record the date, time, symptoms, activity, which inhaler you used and how you feel. It will help your doctor determine if you need another or additional treatment plan.

I hope you find what works best for you soon. As my doctor says "Breathing is important." ;-)

Thanks I will keep it in mind, how are you today?

Reactions: mjd
I am going to cook some more with the help of these lads:
View attachment 59585

There are six books in this series and I have all six. Just tried out a full meal of theirs today, and it was SO good! That's really motivating to keep going down the leaner route, see if it helps me get some low cal staples in my diet.
That sounds great. I'm going right now to find their books at my library online. Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks I will keep it in mind, how are you today?
I'm doing well. I had some fruit this morning and of course my water. I did my exercises. My allergies are going haywire as Spring kicks in.

How are you?

That sounds great. I'm going right now to find their books at my library online. Thanks for sharing this!

I'm doing well. I had some fruit this morning and of course my water. I did my exercises. My allergies are going haywire as Spring kicks in.

How are you?

Glad to have introduced you to my favorite cooking ( and slimming) duo :hug:

Sorry to hear you suffer from your asthma & allergies. Do you have tabs for your allergy?

I did great today, first time I hit 3500 steps! That was because, finally I was not feeling out of breath during my walk so I added a bit to it 🙏 so happy! 😊

I’ve just got home from a long walk, my legs aches a bit, but I’m ok and feeling good.
My lunch has been a simple chickpea soup and I’ve eaten two gluten-free bread slices, few chickpea balls and keep drinking lots of water.

I also did exercises, going to do others in a few mins

I'm going to intermittend fast every day from 16.00 to 07.00 in the morning so I will get the best benefits from reducing my calorie intake and also give my digestive system enough rest to not have to wake up at night.
Due to not having a colon I usually don't eat meals after 17.00 but I do snack here and there, so this should be an easy and doable change.

I'm going to intermittend fast every day from 16.00 to 07.00 in the morning so I will get the best benefits from reducing my calorie intake and also give my digestive system enough rest to not have to wake up at night.
Due to not having a colon I usually don't eat meals after 17.00 but I do snack here and there, so this should be an easy and doable change.

Sounds like a good change then, and since you are somehow already used to things like this,as you said, it should be an easy and doable change. :thumbsup:

I barely had lunch today because of the dentist's morning, I only had a small slice of gluten-free bread and a yoghurt, but that's okay. Strangely enough, I'm still not hungry although I think I'll treat myself to something a bit more substantial this evening. Maybe a serious sandwich or why not, an hamburger.
I haven't done any exercise yet, I really don't feel like it today. But I keep to drink a lot of water also to eliminate the residues of anesthesia.

Last edited:
Good luck! You're doing great.

Back
Top Bottom