Lifestyle changes

I have PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) really bad. I am doing better with it but there are still times that I wake up screaming and crying. I've been taking Tylenol every six hours (instead of waiting until I'm in pain) which seems to be helping as I'm not waking up as much due to pain.

I'm glad you are plugging along. Walking your dog IS exercise! That counts. Good job on the water! Yeah you!!!

I am sorry but from what I read, although there are still times when the pain is very strong, you are somehow doing better by taking Tylenol, which sounds a good help.

Thank you, the news of the new lockdown had me baffled and down in the dumps, having spent a year in the house going back a year later with no step forward was hard to take, so my head acted on my stomach saying 'ok, fill that discomfort'.
I listened to it for a couple of days but with reservation, then I stopped listening to and picked up the pace.

I drank half a bottle of water as soon as I woke up, then had breakfast - a smoothie with soya milk, almonds, cinnamon and blueberries. I've already done my walk, the jeans are slightly looser. I'll have another walk after lunch and lots more water during this day.

I drank half a bottle of water as soon as I woke up,

How big are these bottles? I'm busy diluting wine half and half with water in order to reduce alcohol intake*. Not sure if that counts or whether one cancels out the other!

* The extent of which would shock everyone here.

How big are these bottles? I'm busy diluting wine half and half with water in order to reduce alcohol intake*. Not sure if that counts or whether one cancels out the other!

* The extent of which would shock everyone here.

1 lt, I’m impressed I’ve drank half litre of water this morning.
Oh, diluting wine with water? Maybe just enjoying a good half of wine would be more satisfying, I think?

Doing okay. I have been feeling nauseated the last couple of days. I have medicine for it but it doesn't seem to be working. For this reason, I haven't eaten much. I just had some mixed nuts, an orange and water yesterday. Oh, I had one rectangle of Hershey's chocolate. ;-) I did my exercises and rested even though I couldn't sleep. I'm not giving up just a little bit slower than usual.

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. I have been feeling nauseated the last couple of days. I have medicine for it but it doesn't seem to be working. For this reason, I haven't eaten much. I just had some mixed nuts, an orange and water yesterday. Oh, I had one rectangle of Hershey's chocolate. ;-) I did my exercises and rested even though I couldn't sleep. I'm not giving up just a little bit slower than usual.

How is everybody doing?

Oh dear, I have mixed feelings, I mean that I’m glad to hear you don’t give up and keep doing exercises, but sorry for the rest you are having. Lots of esteem for your strength and good mood, indeed. Sending hugs!

I’m ok, did my exercises too and keep drinking lots of water. I made another ciambellone, a chocolate and orange one... mmmm, I’m struggling with myself to not bite it. Oh well, maybe a slice would be ok.
Ok two.

Oh dear, I have mixed feelings, I mean that I’m glad to hear you don’t give up and keep doing exercises, but sorry for the rest you are having. Lots of esteem for your strength and good mood, indeed. Sending hugs!

I’m ok, did my exercises too and keep drinking lots of water. I made another ciambellone, a chocolate and orange one... mmmm, I’m struggling with myself to not bite it. Oh well, maybe a slice would be ok.
Ok two.
Thanks. I have a really good counselor now and am learning some new techniques for coping with the nightmares. It's just that some days are better than others. I'll get through it. It helps to have my buddies here at CB. ;-)

Glad you are keeping up with your plan as well. Your ciambellone sounds delicious. I think things in moderation are fine. I'd like to see your recipe if you post it.

Keep up the good work!

How is everybody doing?
Sorry to hear this :hug: I hope you're not back on square one, you've done so much to avoid it!

Hope you're feeling better today.

Reactions: mjd

Ok two.
If those two slices of cake are all you eat in sweets a day, you're really doing well! Don't worry too much cara.

Walking was a little easier yesterday, so I went for a longer walk. The emergency inhaler makes sure that at least I don't feel like an iron band is wrapped across my lungs while walking, so that's some improvement. Still out of breath a lot while excercising though, this Asthma beast is really difficult to deal with.

I have started to eat more fruit than I used to , and see that it helps me cull the cravings for candy so that's another improvement.

Back
Top Bottom