Lifestyle changes

Doing well. Had fruit and a small piece of chicken yesterday. Still drinking just water all day. Planning to add five more reps to daily exercises starting today. I only woke up two times last night (PTSD prevents restful sleep) so that's an improvement.

How is everyone doing?

Glad to hear you're relaxing, I hope to catch up with you soon but I'm still pretty low energy. Hope you have a lovely lazy weekend :hug:

As for my goals: I'm still walking every day, which considering my burnout is really an achievement by itself. I often have to force myself to go, but I am going and noticing it's getting a little easier each time.
Two weeks no soda on weekdays now, think it's safe to say I'll be able to make that a habit and not go back to my old ways.

As for my sugar limit, having some difficulty as I am hungry almost all day ; probably because I am eating a lot less calories than am I used to even when eating some sweets. Seeing my RD on monday, going to ask how I am going to keep myself comfortably full without snacking.
My biggest problem is I will eat whatever is quickest when I don't feel up to making something. So, I prepare snack bags beforehand. I keep cut up veggies and prewash and divide fruit just for that purpose.

I also don't deprive myself of something I want (because the mind just becomes fixated on not having it) but will have it in moderation (for example, 1-2 squares of a chocolate bar).

I no longer have a vehicle and rely on my caregiver for grocery shopping so it's been easier to not have the temptations here. The nice part of starting with a fast is the body flushes out so the cravings aren't as bad. Admittedly, though, I've never been addicted to sweets but my mother is and I've witnessed just how controlling it can be.

It sounds like you're making great strides in your journey. I hope you are proud of yourself. I'm proud of you!

Doing well. I had some fruit and a small piece of chicken with a slice of bread yesterday. I added ten more reps. to my exercises. I slept through the night except for one bathroom break. That's almost a miracle as I haven't slept well in decades.

How is everybody doing?

Doing well. I had some fruit and a small piece of chicken with a slice of bread yesterday. I added ten more reps. to my exercises. I slept through the night except for one bathroom break. That's almost a miracle as I haven't slept well in decades.

How is everybody doing?

I’m glad you keep doing well, having slept through the night can be considered a very good sign that your changes are working fine? I think so and I hope you’ll keep this mood :)

My Sunday has been fine, I had a fruit-based brekky, a veggie soup for lunch with a couple of bread slices, then I made a cake and....... yes, I’ve indulged myself in a couple of thick slices.. I didn’t want to have a second one, but I had. I have added a couple of exercises to the normal ones, just to not feeling too much guilty :angelic:

I’m glad you keep doing well, having slept through the night can be considered a very good sign that your changes are working fine? I think so and I hope you’ll keep this mood :)

My Sunday has been fine, I had a fruit-based brekky, a veggie soup for lunch with a couple of bread slices, then I made a cake and....... yes, I’ve indulged myself in a couple of thick slices.. I didn’t want to have a second one, but I had. I have added a couple of exercises to the normal ones, just to not feeling too much guilty :angelic:
Thanks. :okay:

It sounds like you are doing well also. I think things work well with moderation.

What kind of cake did you make?

Thanks. :okay:

It sounds like you are doing well also. I think things work well with moderation.

What kind of cake did you make?

Mixed moods, I am managing well less bread but then I make cake and things don’t go exactly as I would..
I’ve made a cake half-vanilla and half-cocoa flavoured.. it’s mainly for breakfast but I cannot resist and I’ve already had 2 slices... I suppose it was to replace the lack of bread.. meh

Mixed moods, I am managing well less bread but then I make cake and things don’t go exactly as I would..
I’ve made a cake half-vanilla and half-cocoa flavoured.. it’s mainly for breakfast but I cannot resist and I’ve already had 2 slices... I suppose it was to replace the lack of bread.. meh
It's common for the body to crave carbs. That is the primary reason that I started my journey with a fast. At first, it wasn't intentional but I used it as a jumpstart to changes I wanted to make. It makes it easier to resist the cravings and I didn't have any after the first couple of days.

Please don't beat yourself up. You're doing fine just the way you are! :hug:

It's common for the body to crave carbs. That is the primary reason that I started my journey with a fast. At first, it wasn't intentional but I used it as a jumpstart to changes I wanted to make. It makes it easier to resist the cravings and I didn't have any after the first couple of days.

Please don't beat yourself up. You're doing fine just the way you are! :hug:

You are sweet, thank you
But I am not doing fine as I would. Or better, sometimes is ok but others not at all. A rollercoaster mostly because of this situation which is even more risky now considering that I also have to cook for other reasons. Tomorrow we will be in another strong total lockdown, this won’t help very much. Or maybe I am only in a low mood now and tomorrow I’ll recover some lucidity
Thank you for your support anyway :hug:

I've been seriously bothered by my asthma yesterday and today, the pollen season has started and my hayfever is playing up on top of the asthma. I've got my meds for hayfever upped in dose, but need to wait till they work. I've been out of breath by litterally everything, even if I put on a sock I am already panting. So I was not able to walk yesterday, and probably not today either. Should wait until the meds work.
Am not able to visit my RD because due to Coronavirus, anyone with respiratory problems is banned from going anywhere even if the cause is clear. Just for safety. So we'll have to plan a new day.

You are sweet, thank you
But I am not doing fine as I would. Or better, sometimes is ok but others not at all. A rollercoaster mostly because of this situation which is even more risky now considering that I also have to cook for other reasons. Tomorrow we will be in another strong total lockdown, this won’t help very much. Or maybe I am only in a low mood now and tomorrow I’ll recover some lucidity
:hug: I'm sorry to hear about you going into lockdown again, it's so stressful and I totally understand this causes mood swings. But hold on, we're in this together and we'll get out of it together :hug:

Doing okay. I had a hamburger patty (just ketchup and mustard) for dinner. Still drinking plenty of water. My allergies have been acting up due to the warmer climate. We're supposed to get snow today so it should be better. I was able to do 50 push-ups yesterday. I also ordered some ankle weights to add some resistance to the leg lifts.

How is everybody doing?

You are sweet, thank you
The variant strains have been found in the US so I expect we're going to have another surge at some point. I think that will lead to more lockdowns as it makes its way across the country. We still have a waiting list for vaccine. I completely understand being in a low mood. I think many of us are just burnt out from it all. I can't believe we've been in limbo for over a year.

Remember, you are not alone. :love:

I've been seriously bothered by my asthma yesterday and today, the pollen season has started and my hayfever is playing up on top of the asthma. I've got my meds for hayfever upped in dose, but need to wait till they work. I've been out of breath by litterally everything, even if I put on a sock I am already panting. So I was not able to walk yesterday, and probably not today either. Should wait until the meds work.
Am not able to visit my RD because due to Coronavirus, anyone with respiratory problems is banned from going anywhere even if the cause is clear. Just for safety. So we'll have to plan a new day.
I'm sorry you are going through that. It sounds like we have so much in common. I also have allergies and asthma. It is definitely worse when the weather breaks and we move into Spring. It has improved somewhat since I stopped drinking milk (less mucous formation) but it can be difficult with everyday things like you mentioned. I hope the meds kick in and you start to feel better soon. :love:

The variant strains have been found in the US so I expect we're going to have another surge at some point. I think that will lead to more lockdowns as it makes its way across the country. We still have a waiting list for vaccine. I completely understand being in a low mood. I think many of us are just burnt out from it all. I can't believe we've been in limbo for over a year.

Remember, you are not alone. :love:

It is nice to read 'you are not alone' and I reiterate the concept with 'we are not alone'. In certain moments of low mood it is really nice to have it as a memo :)

So today I rolled up my sleeves, put the low mood aside and allowed myself two nice walks on this day as sad as it is wonderfully warm and sunny. I had my breakfast with the doughnut I made yesterday, my lunch was mostly vegetables with roast beef, I didn't touch any bread and I drank almost 2 bottles of water so far.
I'm slowly getting my mood back and more importantly refocusing my goal. I don't deny that there will be other times when I will feel the need to empty the fridge, but today is not one of them.

I will start doing the exercises shortly. How is it going for you?

:hug: I'm sorry to hear about you going into lockdown again, it's so stressful and I totally understand this causes mood swings. But hold on, we're in this together and we'll get out of it together :hug:

Yes, we will come out of this together, I am sure :hug:. Thank you for this, indeed. Today is going better and I want to hold on to it.

Back
Top Bottom