McD’s Happy Meals for Adults

I predict they will a bunch of them at first, just for the novelty. Then the price will sink in, and people will stop buying them.

CD

News headlines are reporting that the adult meal is going over very well, to the extent that workers are getting overrun at the restaurants for requests.

As is often the case, I am baffled. I don't understand what 'adult meal' means or what these 'non sex toys' are. Why would anyone want to buy this? Since you have bought one, maybe you can explain in simple terms for innocents like me, TastyReuben?

As is often the case, I am baffled. I don't understand what 'adult meal' means or what these 'non sex toys' are. Why would anyone want to buy this? Since you have bought one, maybe you can explain in simple terms for innocents like me, TastyReuben?
Ok, I’ll try, but I sometimes miss the point myself, but here goes:

First, you know what a Happy Meal is - a kid-sized meal (like a regular McD’s hamburger, a very small order of fries, something “healthy,” like a little tube of yogurt or some sliced apples, a very small drink), along with some kind of little plastic toy, all presented in a colorful little box.

The “adult” Happy Meals are the same thing, except the food is sized for an adult, so instead of a little hamburger and fries, it includes a full-sized Big Mac and a big order of fries, and a big drink (sorry, no dessert). That’s the adult part. It’s sized for an adult appetite.

What makes it a Happy Meal is that it also includes a little plastic toy, and it’s presented in a (much larger) colorful cardboard box.

It’s purely a marketing thing, allowing adults to relive pleasant memories of being kids and getting a Happy Meal.

I think McDonald´s needs to fire the entire Marketing department. Now!!
Why? From their perspective, this thing is making a lot of money for them.

I’m planning on getting another one today, even though I have no nostalgia attached to Happy Meals, never having had one as a kid. Once a person has one of the little plastic toys, a person feels compelled to get them all. 🤷‍♂️😆

The funny thing is, reviews are consistently negative. I’ve read about a dozen or so, and they all reach the same (obvious) conclusion: “You’re paying $3 more for a Big Mac meal that’s in a cardboard box and has a cheap little toy in it. It’s a ripoff.”

That doesn’t seem to be what the person on the street is saying, though. Even my sister texted me to ask if I’d had one, because she’d just gotten one and thought it was “fun.”

I have pictures of TastyReuben standing outside McDs in his shorts, in floods of tears, being comforted by Mrs T.
" Don´t want that Hamburglar! No! NOOOO!! I want Grimace! WAAAAHHHHH!!"
:D :D :D :D
Do you think I’m a rookie at this?! Always ask what the toy is first, before you order! :laugh:

…and it looks like Boo Buckets (Halloween-themed Happy Meals, presented in a little plastic trick-or-treat bucket instead of a box) are on their way back as well.
…and here they are:

Back
Top Bottom