This southern portguese dish is traditionally made with clams but I don't like clams and always replace them with shrimp.
- 800g cubed pork meat
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper paste
- 2,5 dl white wine
- 2,5 teaspoons of salt
- 200g shrimp
- fresh coriander
- diced potatoes, fried
- 1 cube meat stock
1. Season the meat with salt, pepper, a dash of olive oil, bay leaves, the red bell pepper paste and the white wine. Let the meat rest 6 - 24 hours.
2. Boil the shrimps (I recommend you deskin the shrimp and use the skins and shrimp to make stock, you don't need the stock for this recipe but you can use it later);
3. Stir fry the garlic, brown the meat, and add the marinade from the meat. Let the meat cook.
4. Lower the heat. Add the potatoes, meat stock and shrimp and cook a bit until the potatoes absorb the stock. Turn off the heat, add coriander and serve.