More Cookery Books.

My latest addition... I'm trying to add more Asian influences to my cooking. Also, our youngest son loves everything about Japan having spent time out there, he'd have gone back last year if not for COVID. It would be good to cook some authentic dishes for him.

20210314_085145.jpg

I've recently been checking out different cookbooks from my local library to try them out first before committing to buying them. So far one that I have really loved is Brown Eggs and Jam Jars. I've made 5 of the recipes so far and every single one has been a winner, so I bought the book for myself. It's a nice book on natural, home style cooking with easy to find ingredients. It's also gotten me on a bit of a canning & preserving kick

Hmmmm...what did my mail carrier drop off today?

I know that logo and hoary visage well enough...

He even signed it (not that I care about that sort of thing):

And the first recipe is for...

...eggs! Two kinds of eggs in one recipe! It's as if The Universe is telling me to make this for the challenge! :laugh:

The camera DOES have electronic flash, which is supposed to freeze the action. Maybe the auto focus on the lense was set too close. :eek:

Last edited:
I always forget to post here, this while I buy multiple cookbooks a month!
Anyway, here is my recent treasure 😍

For those who love cooking facts, oddities, and history this is one of the best books to date imo. Definitely 100% recommended!

Known from the Gastro Obscura blog, but definitely more new info not shown on the site. Gastro Obscura

Last edited:
The camera DOES have electronic flash, which is supposed to freeze the action. Maybe the auto focus on the lense was set too close. :eek:

That was not focus blur, it was definitely motion blur. Looking at the bottom of the picture, I don't think the flash fired. The light appears to be coming from another direction than from the camera.

CD

Back
Top Bottom