More Kitchen Toys!!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
10:48 PM
I use mine quite a bit. I used my 3.5QT Braiser for dinner last night.

CD

I'm not a fan due to the weight but also I don't find they do any better than other good but cheaper brands. You pay for the name. What I do know is that they aren't unbreakable. I managed to drop the lid of my friend's Le Creuset casserole dish onto his stone floor and it cracked right across. No mark left on the floor!

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:48 PM
Finally caved in after several years of lusting... January sales 35% off list (but probably still overpriced...)

I did actually need a new vessel like this though.

View attachment 79248
Congrats! May you have a long and happy life together!

My wife says that Le Creuset pans last so long because they're so heavy that no - one actually uses them
I had Lodge and Tramontina Dutch ovens and ended up ditching them in favor of enameled carbon steel (BK Ware) - much, much lighter.

Now the only issue I have is that I can't stir a stew in the pot without steadying it with my other hand, or else it'll scoot across the cooktop. The cast iron always stay put, I'll give it that.

My mom broke her thumb trying to wash a cast iron Dutch oven, due to the weight. She'd hooked her thumb in the handle to help steady, and it slipped around and tried to take her thumb with it.

JAS_OH1

Guru
Local time
5:48 PM

Top Bottom