My least used kitchen gadget

I think that it's better to have a small gadget & don't need it, than to need it & don't have it!! :whistling:
I'm constantly assessing everything in my kitchen, and I'm always asking myself, "Have I used this in the last month? If not, then do I really need it?" - and if something pops up three or four months in a row...out it goes. I can't stand clutter.

I'm constantly assessing everything in my kitchen, and I'm always asking myself, "Have I used this in the last month? If not, then do I really need it?" - and if something pops up three or four months in a row...out it goes. I can't stand clutter.

I have limited space for kitchen storage, so I have to keep things pared back.

I'm convinced Shermie/GadgetGuy lives in a Tardis -- bigger on the inside than on the outside. He has everything else, why not a Tardis -- and a sonic screwdriver.

CD

I have limited space for kitchen storage, so I have to keep things pared back.

I'm convinced Shermie/GadgetGuy lives in a Tardis -- bigger on the inside than on the outside. He has everything else, why not a Tardis -- and a sonic screwdriver.

CD

What is a "tardis or a sonic screwdriver? :unsure:

Pasta maker, had it 8 ? Years, never used, I need to rectify that....soon.
Maybe next week it’s the school holidays and miss12 is here for a few days, she loves cooking with gang gang.

Russ

For me its laziness. Lovely as the WMF garlic press is (and its easier to clean than most), the microplane is even easier to clean. Do you also use a microplane?
I don't even have one. If I need thin slices I just use a knife. If a kilo of potatoes needs slicing I may use the food processor slicer tool but more often I'll just slice by hand. I worked in a kitchen at university and that along with my Grannie and also cookery classes at school has left me with excellent knife skills so I tend to do most things by hand. (I only resorted to using the citrus juicer on the food processor for the lemons because of the shear number of them. Ordinarily I'd have juiced the lemons by hand.)

I don't even have one. If I need thin slices I just use a knife. If a kilo of potatoes needs slicing I may use the food processor slicer tool but more often I'll just slice by hand. I worked in a kitchen at university and that along with my Grannie and also cookery classes at school has left me with excellent knife skills so I tend to do most things by hand. (I only resorted to using the citrus juicer on the food processor for the lemons because of the shear number of them. Ordinarily I'd have juiced the lemons by hand.)

I must be like you, I can cut a pile of spuds up about 3mm thick all within .5 of a millimetre.
I do it regularly for dauphinois, a family fave.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom