Recipe My recipe for Baba Ghanoush (aubergine/eggplant dip)

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
10:25 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
So, I tried my hand at making some Baba ghanoush today. It was a lot better than the store bought variety I thought. Fresh is much tastier.

Ingredients:
2 large aubergines
1 large garlic clove
1 medium onion
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon tahini
Fresh parsley and mint to taste
Smoked paprika if you enjoy it
Date syrup
Pomegranate seeds
Salt & pepper
Olive oil of good quality

1) Preheat the oven to 200 celcius. Cut the tops off the aubergines and halve them. No need to wash them as you will discard the peel. Salt the halves of the aubergine, sprinkle with olive oil. Lay them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden on top. Let them cool completely before using.
2) Peel the onions and cut them in halves. Then cut them in slices. Heat some olive oil in a sautee pan, and sautee the onions on medium to low heat until they are golden brown. Add some salt and pepper to taste when they are done and let them cool too.
3) When the aubergines are ready, scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Put the flesh into a food processor. Then add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic clove, some quality olive oil, mint and parsley to taste, plus salt and pepper to taste. I also added some smoked paprika. Then blitz until you have a smooth puree.
4) Put the mixture in a serving dish and spoon over the fried onions, date syrup and pomegranate seeds. Serve with bread.

So, I tried my hand at making some Baba ghanoush today. It was a lot better than the store bought variety I thought. Fresh is much tastier.
View attachment 56463

Ingredients:
2 large aubergines
1 large garlic clove
1 medium onion
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon tahini
Fresh parsley and mint to taste
Smoked paprika if you enjoy it
Date syrup
Pomegranate seeds
Salt & pepper
Olive oil of good quality

1) Preheat the oven to 200 celcius. Cut the tops off the aubergines and halve them. No need to wash them as you will discard the peel. Salt the halves of the aubergine, sprinkle with olive oil. Lay them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden on top. Let them cool completely before using.
2) Peel the onions and cut them in halves. Then cut them in slices. Heat some olive oil in a sautee pan, and sautee the onions on medium to low heat until they are golden brown. Add some salt and pepper to taste when they are done and let them cool too.
3) When the aubergines are ready, scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Put the flesh into a food processor. Then add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic clove, some quality olive oil, mint and parsley to taste, plus salt and pepper to taste. I also added some smoked paprika. Then blitz until you have a smooth puree.
4) Put the mixture in a serving dish and spoon over the fried onions, date syrup and pomegranate seeds. Serve with bread.

Very nice recipe, bookmarked 👍🏻
And the photo is just wonderful, brava!

I'm a big fan of baba ganoush and I like the use of all the toppings here. The tang of pomegranate seeds work very well with the slightly smoky puréed aubergine.

Back
Top Bottom