Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 10/15 minutes

INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
8 champignon mushrooms
250g tin of tuna in olive oil
1 sprig of parsley
1 clove of garlic
30g grated parmesan (or grated gruyere cheese) +10g to make 'au gratin'.
1 egg
Breadcrumbs
Extra virgin olive oil

METHOD
  • Pre-heat the oven.
  • Finely chop the stems of the mushrooms and peel the mushrooms. Finely chop the parsley.
  • Put the stems in a pan with EVO, add some of the chopped parsley, the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper and let it cook gently for about 5 minutes.
  • In the meantime drain off the excess oil from the tuna cans and place the tuna, the egg, 30g of grated parmesan and some of the bread crumbs, compacting it and mixing it together.
  • Remove the steams from the pan and add to the mixture in the bowl, mix, and with a spoon fill the inside of each mushroom with the mixture.
  • Sprinkle with the rest of parmesan on top of the mushrooms, place the mushrooms on the waxed paper, add a little oil and bake into the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees, and 5 minutes under the grill to make the 'au gratin'.
Ready! Buon appetito :chocegg:

Last edited by a moderator:
@MypinchofItaly What do you mean by "lean the mushrooms on the sax paper"? What is 'sax paper' and how do you 'lean the mushrooms'? I think you might mean put the mushrooms on some waxed paper?

Sounds like a delicious recipe though.

Sax paper I wrote?! Ops! I make a mistake.. Yes, I mean put the mushrooms on the waxed paper..
@MypinchofItaly What do you mean by "lean the mushrooms on the sax paper"? What is 'sax paper' and how do you 'lean the mushrooms'? I think you might mean put the mushrooms on some waxed paper?

Sounds like a delicious recipe though.

I like this recipe because I'm reminded of Portobello stuffed mushroom with anchovies which I make. Well I haven't made them for a long while but it is a tasty recipe. I wouldn't be peeling the mushrooms though. Why do you peel them? Do you mean Portobello mushrooms? The large flat sort. I don't know what they are called in Italian but they look like this:

images.jpeg

In Italy we use to peel champignons mushrooms: we don't wash them with water, because can ruin. That's the right metod (for us) to clean them and to preserve their flavour. Champignon mushrooms are more little than Portobello m. but sometimes they could be like Portobello mushrooms.

I like this recipe because I'm reminded of Portobello stuffed mushroom with anchovies which I make. Well I haven't made them for a long while but it is a tasty recipe. I wouldn't be peeling the mushrooms though. Why do you peel them? Do you mean Portobello mushrooms? The large flat sort. I don't know what they are called in Italian but they look like this:

View attachment 5454

In Italy we use to peel champignons mushrooms: we don't wash them with water, because can ruin. That's the right metod (for us) to clean them and to preserve their flavour. Champignon mushrooms are more little than Portobello m. but sometimes they could be like Portobello mushrooms.

Attachments

• 20170222_132459.jpg
    20170222_132459.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 318

I agree that mushrooms should not be washed. But here we just wipe them. After all, you can't peel the stalks so what is the difference? Champignon is I think, the French word for mushrooms. The ones in your photo look like regular white mushrooms as sold in the UK.

We also peel the stalks. Yes, Champignon mushrooms is the French word for mushrooms, also in Italy.

I agree that mushrooms should not be washed. But here we just wipe them. After all, you can't peel the stalks so what is the difference? Champignon is I think, the French word for mushrooms. The ones in your photo look like regular white mushrooms as sold in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom