Noodles with a kick

ts5757

Über Member
Local time
8:40 PM
I enjoy Ramen noodles, but you can use any kind of noodles that you like. I love trying out new ingredients in my Ramen noodles. I have used these ingredients and found out that they were my favorite.
I mix in corn, sweet peas and mayonnaise, add spicy seasoning, salt and pepper, and sometimes I mix in saltine crackers. There are so many ways you can mix and change up the ingredients. I love these noodles.

I think there may be another post about this some time ago. I remember reading it. I like to use the noodles in a stir fry or use it instead of rice for a meal. I have seem some people break them up and put them on their salads but I have never trued that.

I would like to try using ramen in an Asian salad. I recently saw a cookbook that was dedicated to nothing but various innovative ways to use ramen. Even though I have cookbooks out the the yin yang...pun sort of intended, lol...I would buy that one. It sounds worthwhile.

Hi, how are you? Yes that sounds good too. I was just thinking maybe chicken and dumplings with ramen.

Reactions: L_B
Hi, how are you? Yes that sounds good too. I was just thinking maybe chicken and dumplings with ramen.

That sounds like a great idea. You will have to let us know how you prepared it and what it was like. I bet it will be really good!

Well I never used to be fan but recently because maybe the ramen was mentioned here I tried them a few times. Before it was only something my son whipped up for himself. The first time I made it I added salt to the ramen and I don't think I have to tell you how horribly salty it was when I added the mixture. Big mistake. These days whenever I go to the supermarket, I have been picking up some and buying more flavours. Still don't think it's going to be big part of my cooking experience, but it would be good to experiment with the quick fix meal.

Well I never used to be fan but recently because maybe the ramen was mentioned here I tried them a few times. Before it was only something my son whipped up for himself. The first time I made it I added salt to the ramen and I don't think I have to tell you how horribly salty it was when I added the mixture. Big mistake. These days whenever I go to the supermarket, I have been picking up some and buying more flavours. Still don't think it's going to be big part of my cooking experience, but it would be good to experiment with the quick fix meal.
From my understanding of Ramen noodles (which we don't really have here) they are similar to Pot noodles which have long been regarded as junk food and a bit of a joke in the UK. So if this is what is being referred to, I'm in agreement with you @winterybella. See here http://www.thestreet.com/story/12945986/2/ramen-noodles-may-be-bad-for-your-health.html

Hi, yes my son also a big fan of ramen noodles. He has his own little thing that he likes to use the most. He will use mayo, mustard, and hot sauce. That certainly is noodles with a kick. lol

Mayonnaise? That sounds like a really interesting mix to go with noodles. I agree, there are so many different techniques you could use. I try to change it up to add something different every time. Between adding pesto sauce, tomato sauce, veggies, meatballs, etc. I try something different each time I cook. I also try to buy different noodles to mix that up too.

I try to do that also, I enjoy experimenting with different ingredients. The things that people think would taste nasty are actually good.

From my understanding of Ramen noodles (which we don't really have here) they are similar to Pot noodles which have long been regarded as junk food and a bit of a joke in the UK. So if this is what is being referred to, I'm in agreement with you @winterybella. See here http://www.thestreet.com/story/12945986/2/ramen-noodles-may-be-bad-for-your-health.html
Yes, Morning Glory... in Canada they are considered somewhat of a junk food, as well. Because they are so cheap and the sodium in the seasoning packets is up the wall. Almost like a fast-food junk food. Lol. However REAL ramen, which I have yet to taste, can apparently be a life-changing experience. But, we'd both have to take a trip to Asia to do that. :wink:

This will sound 'nuts', pun totally intended. :wink: I was horrified when I found this tid-bit on the net, but now, I rarely eat Ramen without utilizing it!

If you're doing up an instant ramen noodle pack, drain most of your water after the noodles cook, leaving enough liquid to liquify your flavour packet, plus about 3 tbsps of additional liquid. While things are still warm to hot, add about a tbsp of peanut butter- or to taste- (this probably only works with certain flavour packets: I have tried it with 'chicken', 'beef', 'vegetable', and 'spicy chicken', lol) to the noodles and remaining liquid. Stir gently and let the peanut butter melt. Optional: Add chopped scallions, waterchestnuts, tree nuts, etc. afterwards. Reminiscent of the peanut-spiked broths and sauces that come with many Asian dishes. A dash of your favourite hot-sauce will make things even yummier. :)

I love eating Ramen from restaurants and have yet to make one at home. So is this Ramen from restaurants also junk noodles? That's kind of scary thinking about how often we eat at these restaurants with my son. Can we only find real Ramen noodles on Japan then? Sorry for the many questions, please enlighten me on this topic.

On the other hand, we've only tried the Ramen noodles with soup, that's like the classic serving of it. I have never tried this combination you have posted but it certainly is fascinating. I wish I am able to try Ramen with those ingredients as well.

Oh that sounds great thanks for sharing. I have never thought about adding peanut butter. Will have to give it a try.
Good luck! If you don't go overboard (or underboard) with the PB, it should work out just fine. :) Am glad to share the tip.... each person that I have passed it on to throughout the last few years still uses it! And, that's not to say that PB should be in every cup or bowl of ramen that you have, but yes, it does make a great addition... I add it about 70 percent of the time... sometimes with other ingredients, sometimes without.

Back
Top Bottom