Recipe Nutella Chocolate Chip Brownies

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:48 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I came across a recipe many years ago now for using nutella in chocolate brownies. It is yummy.

Ingredients
2 tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread
2 tbsp. hot water
100g/3.5oz butter
200g/7oz caster sugar
2 medium eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g/3.5oz self-raising flour
100g/3.5oz chopped nuts of choice
140g/5oz plain chocolate chips/chunks

Method
Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3
Lightly grease and line a cake tin (dimensions given are 27.5cm by 17.5cm!)
In a small bowl, combine the chocolate spread with the hot water, to form a smooth paste.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
Into 4, stir in the chocolate spread mixture, eggs, and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
Fold in the nuts, flour and chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
Spoon mixture in to prepared tin and level off
bake for 40 mins.
(this is the hard one...) leave to cool completely before cutting into 12 squared and serve! It suggests topping it with more chocolate spread!

I've taken note of this recipe ,we always have a cookie or bake in the cake tin ,but I'm on lent ,no chocolate ban at present,sad times:headshake:

I have seen many receipes using Nutella I will have to try this. My grandson is crazy about Nutella, it does not stay in the house very long.

I recently found a 3 ingredient Nutella recipe which was not half bad. It was actually, the first time I had tried using Nutella in anything. I probably should keep it around as I have been seeing quite a few recipes that call for it.I have never bake brownies: maybe it is time I tried some.

Long time ago when I am still living in my mother country I used to bake brownies and even made business out of it. But when I transferred living with my husband here in their country I am not baking anymore. When I saw this post I began to miss baking and eating brownies and to think it is a different recipe using chocolate hazelnut spread instead of cocoa powder. Hmm..It sounds delicious because I like Nutella spreading on my bread and it is really good. What more when it is a part of the ingredients of baking a brownies. I will surely try this recipe and thanks for this new idea :)

Mmm, sounds delicious! All brownie recipes are worthy in their own right but the addition of Nutella makes this one look fantastic! One to try.

Back
Top Bottom