Olive Oil Fanatic

torreyy

Veteran
Local time
8:17 PM
Years ago, due to my daughter being diagnosed with high cholesterol, her doctor demanded the we only use butter and not margarine. I'd never used butter before, preferring because of cost, margarine. Some years later, I discovered that olive oil was even better than butter. It's been olive oil to the rescue every since. My daughter is grown and in college now, but she still only buys olive oils. We don't have a particular kind or brand, just so long as its virgin. Salads, stir fry, baking, sauteing, everything. The only thing I think we don't do with olive oil is fry or deep fry, but then that could be because we no longer eat fried foods at all.
I am probably never going to use anything other than olive oil for the rest of my days, and even limit my eating out to very very little because other oils are used. Olive oil, in my opinion, is the best!

Years ago, due to my daughter being diagnosed with high cholesterol, her doctor demanded the we only use butter and not margarine. I'd never used butter before, preferring because of cost, margarine. Some years later, I discovered that olive oil was even better than butter. It's been olive oil to the rescue every since. My daughter is grown and in college now, but she still only buys olive oils. We don't have a particular kind or brand, just so long as its virgin. Salads, stir fry, baking, sauteing, everything. The only thing I think we don't do with olive oil is fry or deep fry, but then that could be because we no longer eat fried foods at all.
I am probably never going to use anything other than olive oil for the rest of my days, and even limit my eating out to very very little because other oils are used. Olive oil, in my opinion, is the best!

Don't feel bad, because I'm also a olive oil fanatic. And also, I, only use butter and not oleo. Even though oleo is now said to have no transfats.
But for deep frying, I use soybean oil. It has all the high-temp tolerance of deep frying as peanut oil, but it is far less expensive than peanut oil! :wink:

We find olive oil has too much flavour of it's own for some uses but I must admit that we never deep fry anymore and grill things like bacon etc.

olive oil has its use for shallow frying i find it more stable,and at home we deep fry in pomace olive oil,
i mix olive oil with a veg oil for dressings as i find olive oil to claggy,i do like good quality olive oil for flavoured oils,but for me there are equally as good oils out there for cooking such as sesame or extra virgin rape seed,which i get localy

Back
Top Bottom