Recipe & Video One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken With Rice Pilaf

MBCreativeKitchen

Local time
2:56 PM
Website
www.mbcreativekitchen.com
One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken With Rice Pilaf

This quick and easy "One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken With Rice Pilaf" is cooked in chicken broth with herbs, broccoli, carrots and sweet onions. Not to mention, it has a delicious fresh lemon taste from the freshly cut lemon infused into the chicken and rice. Bonus point: everything is cooked in one pot in your rice cooker! It won’t take long to prepare, especially on a weeknight. In the end, you will open up a pot of flavorful, fluffy and perfectly cooked rice pilaf just in time for your dinner.

For Chicken: Coat 1 chicken breast with -
1/4 Teaspoon Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
1/8 Teaspoon each of these:Garlic Powder,salt,lemon juice & black pepper. Then spread 1 tablespoon of butter all over the chicken breast and set aside.

Ingredients for the pilaf:
1 Cups Rice, uncooked
2 Cups Chicken/Vegetable Broth/Water
1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
1/8 Cup Diced Carrots
1-2 Slices Fresh Lemon
1/2 Teaspoon Club House Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
3 Tablespoons Chopped Sweet Onions
1/2 Teaspoon Dried/Fresh Parsley Flakes (Optional)
Club House Black Pepper (a dash or two)
Salt to taste (optional)

Instructions:
1. Prepare the chicken breast as mentioned above.
2. Dice up carrots,chop up broccoli, slice up lemon, chop up sweet onions and set everything aside.
3. Add all the prepared vegetables above , seasoning & herbs into the rice cooker with washed rice.
4. Pour in chicken broth/vegetable broth/water and measure the liquid like you normally do when making your rice in the rice cooker. Stir to combine.
5. Finally place the chicken breast on top and place a few slices of freshly cut lemon on top.
6. Turn the rice cooker on and let them cook.

This goes to my "to try" list, one pot meals are always something I'm looking for during the weekdays :laugh: This Clubhouse lemon pepper seasoning is unheard of in my country though. What could be a good alternative? What do you advise?

This goes to my "to try" list, one pot meals are always something I'm looking for during the weekdays :laugh: This Clubhouse lemon pepper seasoning is unheard of in my country though. What could be a good alternative? What do you advise?
It's basically black pepper with lemon rind and a few additions like garlic and onion powder, or corriander, or maybe some herbs....nothing written in stone. This recipe has both lemon slices and black pepper, so you could just up those a little and I'd imagine it wouldn't make that much difference if you left out the lemon pepper.

It's basically black pepper with lemon rind and a few additions like garlic and onion powder, or corriander, or maybe some herbs....nothing written in stone. This recipe has both lemon slices and black pepper, so you could just up those a little and I'd imagine it wouldn't make that much difference if you left out the lemon pepper.
Thank you, this seems easy enough.

So I did my own version of this today and I loved it 🤩 I don't have a rice cooker so I cooked this in a normal pan, browning the chicken and stir frying the onions first. This clubhouse lemon & pepper seasoning is unheard of in my country so I skipped it entirely. I don't like broccoli and I didn't have carrots so I skipped those too and I subbed sweet onion for regular onion. But I loved the combination of flavors I got here. I don't like food that tastes too lemony but this was just the perfect balance. Definitely something I will try again.
nc_ohc=IL6LAakjtTEAX_zfrw-&_nc_ht=scontent.flis8-2.jpg

So I did my own version of this today and I loved it 🤩 I don't have a rice cooker so I cooked this in a normal pan, browning the chicken and stir frying the onions first. This clubhouse lemon & pepper seasoning is unheard of in my country so I skipped it entirely. I don't like broccoli and I didn't have carrots so I skipped those too and I subbed sweet onion for regular onion. But I loved the combination of flavors I got here. I don't like food that tastes too lemony but this was just the perfect balance. Definitely something I will try again.View attachment 75010
Sorry for the late reply 🙏🏻You can use any brands of Lemon Pepper seasoning that is available in your country. Yes and you can replace any types of vegetables or meat of your choice :) Even can make it as a vegetarian version too if you have your vegetarian friends over for dinner night :) We normally make this when we have a busy day or the day we want to clear our fridge. Having this is better than fast food right? And yes, you can go easy with the seasoning, not too much otherwise too strong. I like your rice above. Oh, you can make ahead and divide them in the container as a food prep’ too.

Back
Top Bottom