1 teaspoon yellow corn flour​
1 tablespoon icing sugar​
1/4 teaspoon salt​
1 shallot​
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´​
1 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying​
1 tablespoon caster sugar to sprinkle on top​

Instructions

Grate the shallot and whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Heat up 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a small skillet/frying pan. Fry the pancake on medium heat for 4-6 minutes (until lightly set from the surface), flip and fry for 2-3 minutes more. Sprinkle with caster sugar and serve with coffee or tea.

ora_1.jpg

Another unusual combination of flavours Hemulen. When I read the title I imagined the shallots would be caramelised - to make a sort of onion marmalade with orange zest to top the pancakes. However, you surprised me by adding them raw to the pancake mix - and what is more, this is a sweet pancake. I'm trying to imagine how the shallot tastes in the final pancake... the jury's out at the moment! You certainly test my culinary imagination.

Do the shallots give a slightly spicy tang?

Reactions: mjd
Another unusual combination of flavours Hemulen. When I read the title I imagined the shallots would be caramelised - to make a sort of onion marmalade with orange zest to top the pancakes. However, you surprised me by adding them raw to the pancake mix - and what is more, this is a sweet pancake. I'm trying to imagine how the shallot tastes in the final pancake... the jury's out at the moment! You certainly test my culinary imagination.

Do the shallots give a slightly spicy tang?
Yes, of course the taste is a bit sharp but grated shallot cooks fast. The taste was very pleasing and mild - like a combination of all ingredients/servings of a hotel breakfast buffet :roflmao:. I could have added a crumbled piece of bacon and a teaspoon of instant coffee to complete the combo.

Back
Top Bottom