Pancake Day/Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday 2023

Yes, but a wrap isn't always a pancake, LOL!
Dead right - but a pancake isn´t a wrap either!
Isn't there a type of sushi that's a super thin omelet wrapped around a filling?
I picked up a recipe somewhere (probably from bon Appetit, Gourmet magazine or some US website) waaaay back in 2003, 2004. Basically, a crepe with thinly sliced ham, or cheese, or fish, whatever, then rolled up into a sausage and sliced into "Sushi Bites". I used to call them " Bites from Heaven" and that sold them, for me!

Dead right - but a pancake isn´t a wrap either!

I picked up a recipe somewhere (probably from bon Appetit, Gourmet magazine or some US website) waaaay back in 2003, 2004. Basically, a crepe with thinly sliced ham, or cheese, or fish, whatever, then rolled up into a sausage and sliced into "Sushi Bites". I used to call them " Bites from Heaven" and that sold them, for me!
But if it's a crepe-like pancake, it can be a wrap... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, the thunderstorm came through and dropped the temperature from 31°C to 16°C inside an hour (and still falling) so it went from cold salad to to hot pancakes in less time than that!

20230221_180943.jpg

20230221_180951.jpg

20230221_181017.jpg

But the batter was a touch thicker than normal (different milk) and they didn't seem quite a good as normal. I'll have to have another attempt at the weekend.

20230221_180925.jpg

View attachment 96493
Made a stash of banana buckwheat pancakes, made them before.

Recipe:
Recipe - Buckwheat banana pancakes

I love buckwheat pancakes -- sometimes. I don't eat pancakes often, but ever now and then I get a craving for buckwheat pancakes. Mine look quit a bit different from yours. Yours look more like a European style pancake. But, I would imagine the taste is pretty close.

CD

Well, the thunderstorm came through and dropped the temperature from 31°C to 16°C inside an hour (and still falling) so it went from cold salad to to hot pancakes in less time than that!

View attachment 96489

View attachment 96490

View attachment 96491

But the batter was a touch thicker than normal (different milk) and they didn't seem quite a good as normal. I'll have to have another attempt at the weekend.

View attachment 96488
Looks tasty. I love the coaster

I love buckwheat pancakes -- sometimes. I don't eat pancakes often, but ever now and then I get a craving for buckwheat pancakes. Mine look quit a bit different from yours. Yours look more like a European style pancake. But, I would imagine the taste is pretty close.

CD
Yeah the way Europeans make pancakes is different, we don't use a rising agent generally. I am sure however I would like yours too because buckwheat is delicious.

View attachment 96489

View attachment 96490

View attachment 96491

View attachment 96488
I like how there’s a fork mark in there, where he’d already started! 😆

Having a pancake while making my pancakes:

View attachment 96517

PB&J 😎
We always eat them the moment they come off the griddle. Set the next one going and sit down to eat the one you've just cooked. The first person to finish deals with the one that's cooking and usually eats that after setting another going and so on.

Back
Top Bottom