Pancake Day/Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday 2023

Happy Pancake Day!

64B72A1A-F270-45BB-9E0B-DDBD13F7340D.jpeg
Spinach-mushroom-ricotta filling

EA0A8D37-4127-472A-960B-07799CF6C306.jpeg

Stuffing pancakes, arranged over a quick tomato sauce

369573FD-CD18-4E45-B950-0E0A6A1FE5EC.jpeg

Topped with fresh mozzarella, parmesan, and baked for a bit.

In glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Pancakes in any day were only ever lemon and caster sugar.

I was referring to his pancakes being the Yuripean style, which are like crepes, as opposed to Mercan style. From TR's past posts, I'm thinking his mom would say something like, "Those aren't pancakes!!!" Probably more colorful, though.

Oh, for me, pancakes are served with copious amounts of butter and maple syrup.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 8.44.47 PM.jpg

not my photo

CD

I was referring to his pancakes being the Yuripean style, which are like crepes, as opposed to Mercan style. From TR's past posts, I'm thinking his mom would say something like, "Those aren't pancakes!!!" Probably more colorful, though.

Oh, for me, pancakes are served with copious amounts of butter and maple syrup.

CD
Got you. Forgot that for a moment.

The fillings are wrong, all wrong for 🥞 in both of our families.

I never knew there was 2 sugars until late teens.?

Russ

There are actually three white sugars, at least here. Granulated, ultra-fine (castor sugar) and confectioners/powdered.

CD

I gotta' wonder what your mom would say if you served her those and called them "pancakes." :laugh:

CD
She’d have no problem with the pancake part, because she doesn’t know what crepes are, and what she makes as pancakes are a lot closer to crepes.

As to the rest of it, she’d try it, and then she’d say, “These are delicious! My baby boy’s done it again! I tol’ ever’one he’s the smartest, handsomest boy that ever was, an’ he can cook, too! He can do ever’thing! My baby boy is so good at ever’thing!”

:highfive:

In glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Pancakes in any day were only ever lemon and caster sugar.
Hey, I got it from BBC Good Food! It’s legit! 🥞 🇬🇧 :wink:

I'm showing my ignorance here. Lol.
I didnt start cooking until late teens
Or go to a proper restaurant the same age.

Russ

I didn't know what caster sugar was until a few months ago. I thought it was just the British word for plain white granulated sugar. Then I found out it falls between granulated and confectioners.

CD

Back
Top Bottom