Recipe Peanut butter cup cookies

Herbaceous

Local time
6:57 PM
My grandmother started making these cookies and bringing them with her when she visited at Christmas sometime in the early 2000s. We all loved them, and so she gave me the recipe. They are easy to make and super delicious.

You will need mini muffin tins for this recipe. Also, make sure you buy Reese’s Miniatures for this recipe - NOT Reese’s Minis. They are two different products. The Miniatures are the ones you want.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 packages Reese’s Miniature peanut butter cups

Directions:

Cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Add the flour and baking soda and mix together until everything is incorporated.

Roll into small balls and place in mini muffin tins. Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 min. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the chocolates. When the cookies come out of the oven, they will be puffed up; push 1 cup into the middle of the baked ball while still hot. Place into freezer to cool (my grandmother used to put them out on her balcony, which works well if it’s December and you live in Winnipeg). Makes about 44-48 cookies.
IMG_8985.jpeg

Before baking

IMG_8987.jpeg

Immediately out of the oven - this is what you want them to look like when you add the peanut butter cups

IMG_8989.jpeg

Peanut butter cups added. You can see they’re getting a little melty, that’s fine since they’re going into the freezer to cool.

IMG_8992.jpeg
IMG_8993.jpeg

The finished product

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom